Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

KingLeo10

pre-2012 or 2013 versions of both yes
since they were both more apt to run off the ball and cover defensively

the last 10 years that would have been a double liability, since even having one ghostwalker w/o ball in the XI is already enough to eliminate you
Messi won a Treble, World Cup, Copa America, and like 5 LL titles (against mostly CL winning RM sides and CL finalists AM) in dominant fashion since 2013 :lol:

And that too with a non all-time great supporting cast outside of 2015 treble.

Just because his 08-12 version was insane doesn't mean he was a liability since 2013 :lol:

Are you on drugs again?

Temptation

Gotta love how certain people hype and diss Messi's Argentina teammates based on the situation and narratives. Typical. :lol: 😆

Birdy

Messi won a Treble, World Cup, Copa America, and like 5 LL titles (against mostly CL winning RM sides and CL finalists AM) in dominant fashion since 2013 :lol:

And that too with a non all-time great supporting cast outside of 2015 treble.

Just because his 08-12 version was insane doesn't mean he was a liability since 2013 :lol:

Are you on drugs again?

Reading 101: I talked about the defensive side of his game.
Maybe it was obliged by Pep until 2012, but there was a big difference there afterwards

bismp

Reading 101: I talked about the defensive side of his game.
Maybe it was obliged by Pep until 2012, but there was a big difference there afterwards
Still, a Messi-CR duo (assuming they got on relatively well) would be dominant at least until 2018-2019, also provided they had a competent team+coach.

Birdy

Still, a Messi-CR duo (assuming they got on relatively well) would be dominant at least until 2018-2019, also provided they had a competent team+coach.

Messi and Suarez post-2015 replicated the defensive workrate of a potential Messi-CR7, and it was one of the reasons we were getting humiliations in Europe
So, not at all

Rassvet

I have said it a few times, but I am not really comfortable with the celebrity worship in society. We all know Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc are great players, we know that some people are brilliant actors and singers, but people really shouldn't be revered for possessing a skill in life that makes them very famous and recognisable.

I mean some people think celebrities are above humanity (I don't mean anyone on here). It is a kinda scary attitude. Messi is just a regular guy who happens to be arguably the greatest footballer of all time. The thing is though that football is an extremely sought after commodity in this world, and one of the biggest areas of entertainment on the planet. There's probably tiddlywinks players at Messi's level of skill in their field, but nobody cares. There are doctors and surgeons who have Messi's level of skill in their field, and they actually save lives, yet they don't receive this fanfare.

I guess it's the old adage - medicine keeps us alive, and entertainment makes us want to stay alive. Hence, the adulation over famous entertainers as opposed to people who save lives. I am definitely not comfortable with the way the likes of Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are treated as superstars though just because they're good at kicking a ball. Though I guess I am a hypocrite as I still love and follow football despite that.
Top post

Sums up what's wrong with society when uneducated athletes kicking a ball around well are celebrated more than incredible doctors or brilliant professors with PHDs
Football = 94% completed

Im still waiting for the 1 cl he promised me in 2018.....
To be fair, he didn't know Liverpool on a European night at Anfield would get in the way

Maradona37

Top post

Sums up what's wrong with society when uneducated athletes kicking a ball around well are celebrated more than incredible doctors or brilliant professors with PHDs
Thanks. yeah it does bother me but I can't change the world, so might as well get on with it.

Iniesta Ultra

To be accurate practically all chronic disease doctors are indoctrinated to administer poison. Acute injury surgery's the exception.

Home of Barca Fans