Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Birdy

Pep waxes lyrical about this guy like he doesn't for anyone else. Of course, everyone declines but Guardiola loves him some Messi - it's indisputable :lol:

of course, he had Messi from 08 to 12, and played a huge part in developing him.
What does this had to do with what he thought about his version in 2020, which is post-prime?

KingLeo10

of course, he had Messi from 08 to 12, and played a huge part in developing him.
What does this had to do with what he thought about his version in 2020, which is post-prime?

I think most everyone agrees that 2020/2021 and onwards Messi couldn't have dominated day in, day out in the EPL over 50-60 games in a season simply because of the physical decline.

I don't think most Messi fans will argue with you on this. Where we take exception is the notion that somehow Messi not being able to dominate a whole EPL season due to being 34/35 on has any bearing on his 2022 WC, which was exceptional by any and all metrics. You basically invited criticism when you tried to take shots at Messi fans with this latter.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That’s not what Pep said to Messi…..

He wasn’t talking about the level of the competition or whether he could play for Man City or not.

He literally told and asked Messi that they train really hard at City and intense and wondered if Messi would fully commit to his training regime.

It wasn’t about Messi’s ability or quality, but whether he would commit to training like a dog again like during Pep’s Barca days.

Messi told him he was willing to go all-in, which is why Man City and Pep went through with negotiating personal terms with him, but as we all know Messi wanted to leave on free which Bartomeu wouldn’t let him do, and neither would he let him go for any fee less than his €1b buyout either as selling Messi would probably have been the end of Bartomeu and he wasn’t planning on leaving back then.

It’s all in Perarnau’s book which was released in Catalan & Spanish a while ago.

I think it was released in English last month? Probably why these shit accounts are posting quotes now for engagement bait and that X/Twitter Elon money that he ruined the platform with.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Fwiw I have even mentioned this before

soul24rage

Fwiw I have even mentioned this before

Think we need to have that pinned in this forum for short termed memory loss folks like Mels or whatever he is called.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Pep: It's true i wanted Messi in 2020 after the defeat against Lyon (before the Bayern match).

Reporter: if you wanted him, why didnt you buy him??😳

Pep: first of all i would rather concede 3 goals than 8 goals, secondly we had no money to buy Iniesta or Di maria for him, he is not Cristiano, chief 🥸

Reporter: 😭😭😭

🤣

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Let's be honest guys the last season Messi performed the whole season was in 18/19. That doesnt mean he can still have worldclass moments like in WC22 but if you want to play under Pep he will expect from you to perform for at least 40 matches.

KingLeo10

Pep: It's true i wanted Messi in 2020 after the defeat against Lyon (before the Bayern match).

Pep: first of all i would rather concede 3 goals than 8 goals, secondly we had no money to buy Iniesta or Di maria for him, he is not Cristiano, chief 🥸

🤣
Ready for your daily beating, donkey? :lol:

soul24rage

🤣

GTDlfUVX0AArDIM

Porque

I think most everyone agrees that 2020/2021 and onwards Messi couldn't have dominated day in, day out in the EPL over 50-60 games in a season simply because of the physical decline.

I don't think most Messi fans will argue with you on this. Where we take exception is the notion that somehow Messi not being able to dominate a whole EPL season due to being 34/35 on has any bearing on his 2022 WC, which was exceptional by any and all metrics. You basically invited criticism when you tried to take shots at Messi fans with this latter.

We don't see eye to eye alot, but Messi wouldn't be worse in the Prem than 23/24 fookin' Haaland.

CatalinR10

🤣

This was such an insanely bad attempt that I'm still cringing 3 hours after I read it . Must be the lowest iq post that you ever made on this forum with all your accounts combined.

I just can't believe that you typed all that and decided to press the post button thinking it's anything else than retardation

Home of Barca Fans