Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Buddy if the ignore function worked as intended I'm sure 90% of the forum would have you on that list because you're fucking annoying. Not only do you post like a kid that doesn't get attention from his parents all the time, but it's always garbage and the frequency is so high that even with the ignore button on you somehow end up seeing your shit.

TheStig

I don't get how he doesn't get bored by this. I wasn't even reading this thread because it was so boring, the same stupid troll provocations every time I open it. Too bad we can't have a thread following what Messi is doing because the admins allow this trollfest to go on forever.

Maradona37

I don't get how he doesn't get bored by this. I wasn't even reading this thread because it was so boring, the same stupid troll provocations every time I open it. Too bad we can't have a thread following what Messi is doing because the admins allow this trollfest to go on forever.
He's a happy go lucky, bubbly guy, so it's just banter and a laugh to him (though he does genuinely root for Ronaldo over Messi). But yeah, it can be construed as him taking shots at Messi and saying the same stuff over and over again by people who rate Messi highly.

I think Messi is the best player ever (or at the very least second best after Maradona) and Fati does make points I am used to seeing from Ronaldo fans, and which are annoying to reply to. But he doesn't bother me because I know he is a good guy and he's just bantering, even it if is annoying. He doesn't even believe half the things he says most likely, he's just trying to get a rise.

I reply to it, mainly because I consider Ronaldo vastly inferior to Messi, and don't let the points slide. But overall, I know he's just trying to wind people up in a harmless way, even if he is doing it over and over again to the point it can become tedious for some.

We don't want the site to become an echo chamber where everyone worships Messi either - criticism is good. But constructive criticism like I posted after the copa america. Fati's is over the top criticism, but he knows it is over the top, and I would say people shouldn't take his words at face value.

But I get your point - it would have been funny and a laugh for a while but it's been going on ages and maybe just derails the thread. But he is a good guy with not a bad bone in his body, that's obvious. If he was the type of Ronaldo fanboy who peppered his trolling with nastiness and insults etc, it would be so so much worse.

I agree though that he must have some stamina to not be bored of saying the same stuff about Messi every day, lol. Hopefully the time out does him good because I don't want him feeling despondent and some people have already had a go at him. I think it was the right call by Andresito.

Away from Messi/Ronaldo topics, he has some good opinions and some decent insights now and then.

I would just say, overall, that he is a good guy if a bit hyperactive. Don't take him too seriously in this and the Ronaldo thread.

Last edited:

TheStig

He's a happy go lucky, bubbly guy, so it's just banter and a laugh to him (though he does genuinely root for Ronaldo over Messi).

And we all should just be without a normal thread of our favorite player because some guy finds it funny to write some troll posts that was discussed a milion time already? OK I'm no factor in this forum but I'm sure normal users would prefer normal discussions about Messi, his football in Miami and Argentina, his past with us etc. I don't follow their forum but I wouldn't be surprised that there are better postst and less trolling in a Madrid forum when they talk about Messi then in a Barca's forum. OK, admin's call...

Maradona37

And we all should just be without a normal thread of our favorite player because some guy finds it funny to write some troll posts that was discussed a milion time already? OK I'm no factor in this forum but I'm sure normal users would prefer normal discussions about Messi, his football in Miami and Argentina, his past with us etc. OK, admin's call...
Yeah I agree.

It would be better if the trolling wasn't there.

I am just saying he's a good person and doesn't mean any harm by it. Probably no consolation to most, but it would be far worse if he behaved like an abusive prick.

Also, don't sell yourself short, you make good posts when you show up.

KingLeo10

Fati just pretends to post like a 15 year old.

This guy knows exactly what he’s doing in what he posts, just like the other trolls.

His first stint on here was as messi15478 (using a Messi user name to Stan for CR7 and troll Messi). Got perma banned and returned as Fati (with a few more accounts in between)

Don’t mind him staying on the forum on other threads but make no mistake - he’s an insidious troll :lol:

Birdy

@soul24rage

Ok, you were right about the Messi-Pep discussion in 2020, and I was wrong!
I found this thread today, which is citing excerpts from Perarnau book itself:

Pep indeed told him about the hard training in Manchester, and the advanced tactics.
But if one reads the whole description by Perarnau in context, it is clear that Pep was fishing with questions to check Messi's intentions and willingness to commit, rather than questioning his capacity to adapt to the highest level of football at his age (which was implied by the original tweets I posted when we had the argument)

Hope that sets things straight

soul24rage

Miss you playing mister

GU-dFPGXIAAJMse

Windhook

He was such a monster that game, and against the strongest RM team of all time (at least in the modern era).
To me this is Leo's best performance at Bernabeu:

- clowned Casemiro
- got first blood elbowed by Marcelo, played with a tissue paper for the rest of 1st half
- scored a slalom goal
- second goal by Rakitic was bounced ball from Leo
- got Sergio Ramos sent off for the late dive tackle
- of course the iconic last second goal, when he appeared to be not involved in Sergi Roberto - Andre Gomes build up play, just to ninja the opponent.

Home of Barca Fans