Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

soul24rage

Farewell game in 2025 when the Nou Camp Nou is done before he hangs up his boots. That's all we need.
FqFi5uQX0AIwOiI.jpg

fergus90

A media circus over this transfer already.

I’m in the minority but I don’t think he should come back unless it’s a one off testimonial.
Hell even a Messi tournament including a few games but nothing more.

Leong157

I don't think he will be back. It will take months for Barca and Laliga to source out the finance. He will not wait that long considering what happened that summer.

I also don't see him moving to Saudi Arabia either. I'm 100% convinced though that his dad and brother are pushing super hard for Saudi. The dad and bro are all about money after all. Antonella and his kids will have a very difficult time adapting and he knows it. He himself also aim for Copa next year.

So, I'm expecting a Prem or a 360 u-turn with PSG.

Messi983

Looks like a BS rumour at first but after thinking about it more this whole Inter Miami loan idea doesn't look that unrealistic to me.

If Messi wants to have his short-and-long term future decided ASAP signing with Miami would give Barca more time to settle things around FFP with Tebas. Best case scenario (for him as I think his preference is clearly to return) would be to come on loan and worse case he just goes playing in the MLS now, probably together with his amigos Busi and Alba (Suarez could potentially join the band as well at some point, not sure what his exact contract situation is with Gremio).

We would still need to pay him full wages even if on loan so there wouldn't be a difference from that standpoint. Could be a bit more problematic to get him % of club revenues or something that was reported could be part of his contract but that's for Barca's legal department to figure out.

Players's salaries in MLS are also public so even Tebas couldn't dispute that we're trying to play around the FFP rules. Would look a far more shaddy deal if he'd go to Saudi Arabia and then they would loan him to us.

This deal would also set the plan for the rest of his career up and with little kids I'm sure Leo and Antonella are planning for 3-5 years ahead not just where he'll play next season.

And from Inter Miami/MLS perspective this would also be a big move. Even if Messi wouldn't immediately play there they could still promote him as the league's next big star. Would probably get attention from the Americans who don't follow "soccer" (some people might be curious enough what the fuss is about to turn TV on to see him play for Barca so the club could also benefit from that longterm) and OTOH would improve building his own brand on a big US market.

Ofc if he's prefering money then accepting the Saudi's offer is a no brainer. He won't get nowhere near that kind of insane money anywhere else.

I would be a bit disappointed but he has earned the right to decide how/where he wants to end his career and I wouldn't blame anyone to accept 1 billion contract or whatever they're offering him. Not many people in any profession will ever be in a position to get that kind of money and I'm sure most would accept.

But if he's looking stragetically then going to America would also set him up great longterm getting new sponsors etc. that he could also benefit from after his playing career is over. Not that he needs more money but it's smart to keep that money flow going when he hangs up his boots as well.

MLS/USA could potentially also use him as an ambassador for the upcoming 2026 World Cup (2024 Copa America as well although that competition won't get as much attention). And if he plans to play in 2026 (don't think he will but we'll see) then could also be getting used to US stadiums/atmosphere etc. before the WC.

Do I really believe Inter Miami to Barça loan will happen? Probably not because would take even more time and negotiating than just signing him on our own but theoretically I don't see it as far fetched as I've thought when I've first read about it.

Liquidskies

The plot thickens, Messi has appeared in a promo for PSG for next seasons home jersey.

Another rumour is that Messi has enrolled his children at a Barcelona school...

Stay tuned for more twists and turns!

Andresito

Staff member
Miami/SA should give him a sign on bonus with a low salary so that we can take him on loan for cheap.

Home of Barca Fans