Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBfan22

With a potential goal or assist and win, he would cement the GOAT status.

Would win the WC and be alone on the top of goal involvements list. Those 2 things would make it undisputed.

Hardy

Curious question:

I was only 9 years old in 06, so I can?t really remember, so how does 2022 Messi compare to 2006 Zidane for the ?GOAT old man WC run??

it's neck to neck, this maybe is more impressive because Zidane had a far better team.

vegitot

Curious question:

I was only 9 years old in 06, so I can?t really remember, so how does 2022 Messi compare to 2006 Zidane for the ?GOAT old man WC run??

Messi now is much better. He is great from A to Z now. Zidane only had a great game vs Brazil and a good goal vs Spain. Thuram, Vieira... were better in 2006

shadows

it's neck to neck, this maybe is more impressive because Zidane had a far better team.

Ya ....I do not think it was neck to neck. Messi's run is far more impressive considering the current Argentinian squad....But Zidane had a far superior and much more experienced team, with the likes of Thierry Henry, Vieira mackalele etc.

Last edited:

jamrock

Zidane 2006 wasn't anywhere close, was a typical zidane type run, popped up with goals, but Messi overall games this WC is better.

That zidane 2006 was great though.

jamrock

20 G+A is 25 world cup games.

Most in history, just need the cup, to silence the doubter now.

Some said Barcelona/Messi fans were worried about the likes of lewa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans