Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temptation

Don't think so. Mbappe was kind of missing until min 80 or so. Since min 80 he was the best but... kind of a big part of the match he was not too involved.

Same for Emi. Only amazing save he made until the shootout was made in the 124th minute.

That's how finals work though. You come good in portions of the game. Messi was having an average game until the goal in ET. Even people in the chat were saying that.

serghei

That's how finals work though. You come good in portions of the game. Messi was having an average game until the goal in ET. Even people in the chat were saying that.

True, but it's not enough when you have a player who was involved over the full game, pulling the strings, scoring 2 goals, and setting up many other chances.

Messi didn't have an average game until the goal in ET. Scored the first goal, and had a major contribution in the 2nd. Set up other big chances too.

Temptation

I'd say Di Maria was the best in the time he was on. Then towards the end it was Mbappe. And in the Shootouts Emi.

These were the top 3 performers on the night if we're being honest.

Mbappe also had some really good dribbles especially at the end of the 90 mins and ET.

Birdy

This WC will be the triumph of the idiots. They will write whatever stupidity one can imagine.

Blowing over proportion Messi's performance in the final is the tiniest of what they will do

PS: Di Maria was clearly MOTM until he came off...
For everyone who has eyes and not blinders

serghei

I'd say Di Maria was the best in the time he was on. Then towards the end it was Mbappe. And in the Shootouts Emi.

These were the top 3 performers on the night if we're being honest.

Mbappe also had some really good dribbles especially at the end of the 90 mins and ET.

Nah. It's man of the match, not man of the last 20 mins in the first half, man of the post-80 min match or man of the penalty shootouts.

The only one who played at a consistent elite level was Messi.

Di Maria didn't play much anyway.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This WC will be the triumph of the idiots. They will write whatever stupidity one can imagine.

Blowing over proportion Messi's performance in the final is the tiniest of what they will do

PS: Di Maria was clearly MOTM until he came off...
For everyone who has eyes and not blinders

You might be the biggest loser on this forum and that's saying something with some of the other clowns we got here. You've been proven wrong time after time.

I wonder how it feels though. You must be really salty, mad, annoyed and pissed tonight :lol:

KingLeo10

CR7 in 5 WCs: 8 goals, 1 assist

Messi in 1 WC at age 35: 7 goals, 3 assists

Also, he's almost at 100 international goals in his career too. I think only Pele can claim a better international career (strictly international, Messi beats him easily club + international) than him all time, and that's debatable considering Pele had world class to all time great teammates who could win a WC without him (1962).

Temptation

Nah. It's man of the match, not man of the last 20 mins in the first half, man of the post-80 min match or man of the penalty shootouts.

The only one who played at a consistent elite level was Messi.

I think it was a 6/10 performance by Messi. Don't think he was particularly creative throughout the game either.

Di Maria was an easy 8.5/10.......Mbappe first player in ages to score a WC final hattrick. He literally woke France up.

Rory

Only guy fuming is the one who’s avi is our shitty overpriced winger who was subbed off in min 40 no less, for playing like shite.

Even temptation only has good words to say.

DonAK

Remember lads. Spain deserved to be in the semi-finals because of xG and because they play beautiful football.

Temptation

CR7 in 5 WCs: 8 goals, 1 assist

Messi in 1 WC at age 35: 7 goals, 3 assists

Also, he's almost at 100 international goals in his career too. I think only Pele can claim a better international career (strictly international, Messi beats him easily club + international) than him all time, and that's debatable considering Pele had world class to all time great teammates who could win a WC without him (1962).

Who would you have given the POTM to today??? Honestly

Birdy

You might be the biggest loser on this forum and that's saying something with some of the other clowns we got here. You've been proven wrong time after time.

I wonder how it feels though. You must be really salty, mad, annoyed and pissed tonight :lol:

Pissed about what? Did you miss all my posts saying how horrible this France and DD is?

I am happy Messi got his WC, after all Argentina has been the most consistent team in the tournament despite playing meh football at best

I will never become a brainless fanboy, though, like you and the other clowns in here

Last edited:

serghei

Only guy fuming is the one who?s avi is our shitty overpriced winger who was subbed off in min 40 no less, for playing like shite.

Even temptation only has good words to say.

The effect of the analgesic is wearing off though.

DonAK

Pissed about what? Did you miss all my posts saying how horrible this France and DD is?

I am happy Messi got his WC, after all Argentina has been the most consistent team in the tournament.

I will never become a brainless fanboy, though, like you and the other clowns in here

You literally fangirl for Ousmane Dembele :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans