Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Good week for Leo :messi:

messi-world-cup.gif

Last edited:

eaman

French players also had an out. I'd say Mbappe had much more pressure on taking those penalties in regular and extra-time.

Alot less pressure with one world cup in the bag. You just have to look at the celebrations in buenos Aires compared to Paris when both teams won to see how it matters to the people. If mbappe missed he would've gotten over it alot quicker than messi. I'm just taking about a moment anyway and that penalty that messi had after mbappe scored was pressure that no one else would've felt I'm sure. Of course it all depends on messi's mindset stepping up of course

Windhook

Alot less pressure with one world cup in the bag. You just have to look at the celebrations in buenos Aires compared to Paris when both teams won to see how it matters to the people. If mbappe missed he would've gotten over it alot quicker than messi. I'm just taking about a moment anyway and that penalty that messi had after mbappe scored was pressure that no one else would've felt I'm sure. Of course it all depends on messi's mindset stepping up of course

I shoke and tear up at Argentine people reactions every time watching those clips. Frenchs were crazy in 1998, but the vibe is not same as Argentina. People over there are completely crazy about football and all that joy is absolutely beautiful.

36 years they waited. If France had won it I'd be like meh, not that I was Argentina fan before, I rooted for Messi all along. France would have had another packed Eiffel tower celebration and next day go to work, because having the best talents on the planet is nothing out of the ordinary. 2026 they will still be favorites to win the title.

KingLeo10

I don't want to be pessimistic about Argentina and it's wonderful football heritage but unless they produce another talent of the caliber of Messi or Maradona, I don't see them winning a WC in the next few cycles post Messi's retirement (and perhaps ever again lol).

The top European teams just churn out so many good to elite players, that it takes a GOAT tier to overcome them.

Rory

I don't want to be pessimistic about Argentina and it's wonderful football heritage but unless they produce another talent of the caliber of Messi or Maradona, I don't see them winning a WC in the next few cycles post Messi's retirement (and perhaps ever again lol).

The top European teams just churn out so many good to elite players, that it takes a GOAT tier to overcome them.

Idk, Mac Allister likely to get a bigger than Britghton move soon. Enzo wanted by the top clubs, both young. De paul/lo Celso and paredes all decent enough as the third midfielder. Romero and Lisandro Martinez both young and already standout centre backs in the premier league. Alvarez up top with a few young wingers could be elite. This squad will probably be even stronger next World Cup if the current young players continue to progress. Obviously missing Messi is absolutely huge so might be a bit far fetched for them to be better but they’ve got a good shot with all those players mentioned.

eaman

Idk, Mac Allister likely to get a bigger than Britghton move soon. Enzo wanted by the top clubs, both young. De paul/lo Celso and paredes all decent enough as the third midfielder. Romero and Lisandro Martinez both young and already standout centre backs in the premier league. Alvarez up top with a few young wingers could be elite. This squad will probably be even stronger next World Cup if the current young players continue to progress. Obviously missing Messi is absolutely huge so might be a bit far fetched for them to be better but they?ve got a good shot with all those players mentioned.

Ya I agree. I think they will be one of the favourites in the next world cup with those players including dybala. Who knows messi might still be playing. Those players are pretty close to any other team especially the French at the moment

Windhook

Without Messi this squad goes out on 1/4 or 1/2 final stage probably. A squad without a leader is destined to be out. Forwards were great, but without Messi's passes it wouldn't have happened in the first place. Lautaro was terrible CF like Giroud was in 2018.

There's no clear player whom Messi can pass the torch to as well. As I said it before, Argentinian footbal has some bad years ahead post-Messi.

Richard.H

The future doesn't look too bright for Brazil either in terms of WC titles.

raskolnikov

Without Messi this squad goes out on 1/4 or 1/2 final stage probably. A squad without a leader is destined to be out. Forwards were great, but without Messi's passes it wouldn't have happened in the first place. Lautaro was terrible CF like Giroud was in 2018.

There's no clear player whom Messi can pass the torch to as well. As I said it before, Argentinian footbal has some bad years ahead post-Messi.

I think without Messi they dont get out of the group stage.
That mexico goal was huge.
Without him they are probably around lower top 10.

JohnN

But now they have the pedigree of the Champions again. With Messi staying a couple of years and Argentina producing some good talents they will be competitive. Not to mention the little Argentinians will be again hooked on football and eager to reach their new idol, Messi, like himself looked up to Maradona.

Horatio

You're welcome

Said it as well. Next five winners will be European countries again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans