Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

There is still probably a chance of him getting on for a few minutes against Brest. If not, then we’ll focus on Reims

think they'll unleash him as a starter so he has time to get the hat-trick. that's why reims is the better choice.

snowy

PSG had fans supporting them through the worst era of their existence the early 2000's and Canal+ take over

Most people outside France think PSG started having first fan after 2010.

Of course now it's growing like crazy, and kids see stars and follow the club where they play.

I was 7-8 years when R9 moved to FCB and that was the first time me hearing about this club and been a fan since, and back then there was no internet ..

yeah exactly! fits the gen.+1 theory where lifelong fandom to club starts at childhood.

Very smart opportunistic move by PSG signing Leo since, many of the GOAT's fan newly tuning in to watch his matches will do so with their kids and good chances that many of this new gen will forge emotional bounds to both players AND club

errr... except if their parents cheer for Leo but boo the club at the same time --> then it's visit to the shrink instead hahaha

in this aspect, it's an investment that would bear fruits for multi-gens to come since odds are that that a chunk of the kids once grown up would also pass on their allegiance to their own kids and so on...

Probably one of the main pathways by which clubs grow their fanbase over time (if theory is sound).

Messigician

According to Laporta's entourage, after the results of the financial audit and the due diligence are presented on Monday, Bartomeu 'won't know where to hide'.

? via @ActualiteBarca

Lolporta is malding

khaled_a_d

Hmm, history (better put historical achievements) becomes more important when it is added over the main arguments. If Ajax would have 600m budget they would be over Chelsea and would basically be like a sort of Dutch Bayern in status.

Yeah, but Ajax don't have that 600M and PSG for example does.
History is good if you are still relevant among the big boys, it is good in marketing and adding prestige to your brand

MLS lacks density and fans over there wont give a shit even in 50 years, not enough clubs to play a real league anyway and nobody seems interested.

Not sure if this was intended to my reply or not, but my argument was about a hypothetical situation they suddenly decided to care.
Seems like football in general has grown a lot their tbh. Many commentators seems to rate the MLS and the game in general as the 5th popular team sport there, which ain't that bad. I think Euro final had better rating than the NBA finals in US

Blackened

In Reals Galactico era we learned that buying just the biggest name for every position wont guarantee you success. This PSG side with Pochettino is lazy and bloated. With lazy, entitled trio of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe ball-hogging and non-pressing, City, Liverpool and Bayern will beat them. It really wouldnt surprise me if Barca beats them as well. Maybe just maybe with Griezmann, Depay, Fati, Pedri and others we will become a well-oiled machine again.

serghei

In Reals Galactico era we learned that buying just the biggest name for every position wont guarantee you success. This PSG side with Pochettino is lazy and bloated. With lazy, entitled trio of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe ball-hogging and non-pressing, City, Liverpool and Bayern will beat them. It really wouldnt surprise me if Barca beats them as well. Maybe just maybe with Griezmann, Depay, Fati, Pedri and others we will become a well-oiled machine again.

It's not a sure thing they will win CL, but they have a lot of quality, and while galactico teams don't last, they are known to win big short term. They have a max 2 year span to bag 1 CL. They will do it probably.

Blackened

It's not a sure thing they will win CL, but they have a lot of quality, and while galactico teams don't last, they are known to win big short term. They have a max 2 year span to bag 1 CL. They will do it probably.

According to bookies, PSG are top-favourites. I still dont think they'll do it. Too little organization.

CatalinR10

Busquets - Pique - Lenglet deffence against Messi , Neymar and Mbapee

Good fucking luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans