Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Good thing he left then, because we really had a go at CL after that.

He didn't win any CLs at Barca in a team that was not superstacked with world class players. He almost did it once but fell short. It's not easy to win a CL with an old player who doesn't press or defend much. It can be done, but it's hard and you need to turn into some 2014 Atletico Madrid version to do it.

Last edited:

Leong157

IMO, the argentina media is more reliable than spanish media regarding Messi at this moment espescially Gaston Edul. Not to mention, the news about Jorge and Laporta meeting conveniently "leaked" in the middle of our referee scandal.

malvolio

He didn't win any CLs at Barca in a team that was not superstacked with world class players. He almost did it once but fell short. It's not easy to win a CL with an old player who doesn't press or defend much. It can be done, but it's hard and you need to turn into some 2014 Atletico Madrid version to do it.

Don't think he would be under the illusion that he can win a CL with current Barca squad. Nor would Barca win it anyway, with or without Messi next season.

It's a pointless debate, he's not coming back to a Laporta led Barca.

delancey

I too very much doubt that such a meeting took place, considering the bad blood between Laporta and Messi. His brother merely reflected the true emotions of Messi.

I am in camp rebuild, which means that if I had been in charge, Busquets and Alba would have been long gone, ala Madrid style, but one cannot deny the sentimental value it would bring to have the indisputable GOAT play one final season for us.

I mean, we are paying a ridiculous amount to Busquets, which is just silly, when no other player is as synonymous with Barcelona as Messi. If a player should have overstayed his welcome, it is the GOAT.

Beyond that, could we even match an MLS salary? :lol:

Last edited:

delancey

If Messi does return to Barcelona, Busquets and Alba will stay for another
twitter.com
year, but with a significant salary
reduction in order to fit Messi into the wage structure. [@gerardromero]

Sure, the dude who is allegedly earning 700k weekly will take a significant paycut for Messi (it has nothing to do with his contract expiring). 😂 Alba will voluntarily reduce his contract so that one of the best paid footballers in the world (deservedly) can earn even more?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans