Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Expecting a player who averaged 50-60 goals a year for 10 straight years to continue averaging that in his 17th year.

:lol:

JamDav1982

Poch plays in a way that requires all players to press/move and work for team.

Players like Messi/Ney/Mbappe/Di Maria wont do it consistently.

He wont have option to drop them is the reality bar maybe Di Maria at times.

Horatio

You're welcome
I believe it when I see it. Messi should still be able to produce. He is either playing with injury, still adapting to league or in bad headspace.

Edit: Read Rassvet post just now

Rassvet

Expecting a player who averaged 50-60 goals a year for 10 straight years to continue averaging that in his 17th year.

:lol:

Nobody is expecting that. Expecting him to have more than 3 goal contributions by november is not unreasonable though.

pregra

Goal contributions aside, what worries me is the complete lack of regular Messi magic. Loose the ball in 9 out of 10 dribbles attempts, misplacing ALOT of easy passes and more scruffy touches than a whole normal season.

KingLeo10

I was posting shit about him last season when he had an even worse start (basically thought he was close to being done then) but then he gave us a great rest of the season for a 34 year old.

Not going to make the same mistake this season. Will judge him in May-June.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Goal contributions aside, what worries me is the complete lack of regular Messi magic. Loose the ball in 9 out of 10 dribbles attempts, misplacing ALOT of easy passes and more scruffy touches than a whole normal season.

Honestly, he was like this before late November last year too. His touch is bound to return. But it looks like the older he is, the longer it takes for him to get going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans