Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Seriously, because of the second half of the year im not sure if Messi should win the ballon dor if we look at the whole year. Until Copa america win he was the best but since then meh. If we look at 2021 Lewa is probably ahead of Messi but Ronaldo has also won ballon dor in 2016 and 17 even though he was also crap in second half of the year so its fair if Messi wins. If lewa would be barca player i think most guys would prefer lewa to win.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I was posting shit about him last season when he had an even worse start (basically thought he was close to being done then) but then he gave us a great rest of the season for a 34 year old.

Not going to make the same mistake this season. Will judge him in May-June.

He will be back as soon he wears long sleeve shirt.

El Gato

Villarato!
Goal contributions aside, what worries me is the complete lack of regular Messi magic. Loose the ball in 9 out of 10 dribbles attempts, misplacing ALOT of easy passes and more scruffy touches than a whole normal season.

He's old
Be lucky to not lose a step when you need legs to get away from your marker and make the right pass/shot like he does
Happened to Robben, happens to everyone
Can only hope to play as an out-and-out target in the box like Zlatan, Cristiano, Cavani etc
He aint that

Rassvet

His hopes of winning the FIFA award are probably dead if he doesn't start performing again soon. He has Brazil and City to play in november so two big chances to turn the narrative around.

pregra

Wont get anywhere near the Fifa award, that is definitely Lewas. Although tonights game has no meaning in the Ballon, I doubt he will win now

Jadentheman

Even though he’s been milquetoast for the domestic league this past two months, he absolutely still deserves his 7th. And he still performs in CL matches so far.

Rassvet

Seriously, because of the second half of the year im not sure if Messi should win the ballon dor if we look at the whole year. Until Copa america win he was the best but since then meh. If we look at 2021 Lewa is probably ahead of Messi but Ronaldo has also won ballon dor in 2016 and 17 even though he was also crap in second half of the year so its fair if Messi wins. If lewa would be barca player i think most guys would prefer lewa to win.

Modric 2018 also started the next season shit and still won easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans