Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickstar

Messi deserves ballon if only based on his performance until august. This year (not this season) of messi in barca since 11th week has been untouchable. Maybe not goat level but not far from it. The three games including madrid was a letdown but in general it was sensational. He saved barca from the pit.

Also in copa he's the best performers in several statistic websites, only closed down by neymar, and that sensational luis diaz from colombia. But he won it with direct contributions (9) and the cup itself.

The only thing that hinder him was his move to psg.. the late start, the injuries that he get as the toll from his performance with argie and of course, being in a new team and a new league. The two months frame of league isn't really a great indicator compared to what he showed during the 8 months. So, i still think he deserves it.

Though, if lewa wins it, i don't think it bothers him too much, like he just said, and neither does it to me.

Last edited:

Catta

Somehow his transfer to QSG made him less relevant. He was interesting to the media when he just transferred, but after a while the hype was gone. Doesn't help that he still hasn't played a game for them on his usual level, just some moments of brilliance.

sickstar

Here is a compilation of his numbers (G+A) before and after august started (considered 21-22 season).

Jan-Jul
UCL: 2 matches 2 goals 0 assists
WC Q: 2 matches 1 goal 0 assist
La Liga: 21 matches 23 goals 8 assists
CDR: 5 matches 3 goals 1 assist
Supercopa: 1 match 0 goal 0 assist
Copa America: 7 matches 4 goals 5 assists
Total Jan-Jul: 38 matches 33 goals 14 assists (1.24 goal contribution per match)

Aug-Oct
WC Q: 5 matches 4 goals 0 assist
Ligue 1: 5 matches 0 goal 0 assist
UCL: 3 matches 3 goals 0 assist
Total Aug-Oct: 13 matches 7 goals 0 assist (0.54 goal contribution per match)

Sure like everyone says, numbers don't show everything. But i'm positive he's B'dor worthy for Jan-Jul, but just average footballer from Aug-Oct. Of course, he's still the same person. Things happen.

Of course, if someone need to bring Lewa's statistic, Lewa would win with goals obviously (Jan-Jul time frame). Not so sure with goal + assist, but i think he got enough goals to make messi 2nd. But he didn't win UCL this year, mason mount did, jorginho did, kante did. Domestic title for bayern is surely nothing new, but copa is a milestone for messi. So, still messi deserves it. But again, like i said, just january to july. 7 months out of probably 10 months.

Actually does the time frame begins in 2021 or some time late 2020. Because if this year the limit is around end of october, isn't early november last year being the logical time frame, to make it 12 months of course. Last year there was no B'do to begin with. If that's true then the gap will widen significantly between messi and lewa lol (Messi perform bad first half as you all know). But nothing change with the title count.

Last edited:

Messigician

📱 'In two years, I'm leaving, and you'll be alone...'

In 2019, Messi told Neymar that he only had two years left at Barcelona and pleaded with him to return 👀

It's like he knew all along... 🔮

Dark Magus

Somehow his transfer to QSG made him less relevant. He was interesting to the media when he just transferred, but after a while the hype was gone. Doesn't help that he still hasn't played a game for them on his usual level, just some moments of brilliance.
PSG would have more hype if they dont play that boring.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Its normal, ligue 1 hasnt the spotlight yet. They are getting stronger and i think will become more relevant in a few years. In 17/18 when Neymar has gone there and literally destroyed the league with his dribblings and passes nobody really talked about it.

jamrock

Yea he was always gonna fade away once he went there, no one cares about the french league, if he doesn't go bananas in the CL he won't be in many conversations.

Dark Magus

People will talk about him even when he will retire. At this point it’s more about winning CL or WC. This can make enough of noise. Just goals will not be enough for him. Doesn’t matter in what league he’s playing.

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

Let's be honest Messi doesn't deserve to win Ballon d'Or.

Lewandowski was better then Messi in the Calendar year. Messi didn't perform against 1 big club and his best Performance was against Ecuador

Birdy

Let's be honest Messi doesn't deserve to win Ballon d'Or.

Lewandowski was better then Messi in the Calendar year. Messi didn't perform against 1 big club and his best Performance was against Ecuador

His Copa America was meh all the way.
The only good months of the calendar year he had was at Barca under Koeman, when the team clicked for 3.5 months for January to mid-April
Certainly not enough for a Ballon D'Or

Said it again:
If trophies count, Jorginho deserves it
If performance counts, Lewa deserves it since 2020 until now

soul24rage

His Copa America was meh all the way.
The only good months of the calendar year he had was at Barca under Koeman, when the team clicked for 3.5 months for January to mid-April
Certainly not enough for a Ballon D'Or

Said it again:
If trophies count, Jorginho deserves it
If performance counts, Lewa deserves it since 2020 until now

His tournament was not 'meh'. He had a great tournament.

For Ballon D'or, a combo of both trophies and performance is the main factor for winning the award the majority of the time.

And I will say it again.
This is the Ballon D'or for 2021 and not the Ballon D'or for 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans