Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
How will you guys feel when he stands in front of his 7 Ballon d'Or's at Parc des Princes in a couple of months?
Don't think he will display all 7 there, but just the new one. Would sting, but survivable. If they displayed all 7 I would feel offended, it's not part of their history and his legacy in the past is not theirs to claim.

don't think he'll ever come back as a player, while this board is in office.
Perhaps not.. but a lot can happen in two years. If Barca would be open to it and by then things aren't as rosy at PSG and he would have the chance between Barca and MLS? I don't know. Perhaps mostly wishful thinking on my part.

I had tickets for the last liga game in 19/20 and had everything booked to go to one of the last games at Camp Nou in 20/21 and was prepared to say goodbye so I just feel the universe owes it to me to have him come back for another try. :(

xxxxxx

[tw]1425063985276198941[/tw]

Think we have not yet heard the end of what happened behind the scenes.

He's obviously talking about Laporta. He was stringing Messi and the fans along all summer, and Laporta probably had a deadline to get the contract signed by Messi. When Laporta couldn't meet that deadline, he finally had to tell Messi the truth.

The evidence is there in the video of Laporta and Messi before the press conference. There is now bad blood between them, and I doubt that Messi comes back to this club whilst Laporta is here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's a bit unfair. After watching him for 16 years, how can your love for the club not be tangled with the love for him? He has been the face of the club for way over a decade, he feels like family, and even for the oldest among us (online), the time without him is by now a long time ago. He has always embodied the values we identify Barca with. For me personally, being a Barca fan also naturally leads to being a Messi fan.

Yes, but being a Messi fan doesn't necessarily lead one to a Barca fan and there is nothing wrong with that. Some Messi fans (not necessarily folks on this forum) have shown in the last 72 hours that they have nothing but contempt and ill-wishes for the club, I hope they will follow Messi to PSG and enjoy decades of success there, hopefully they will become true PSG fans one day.

Wambo

BREAKING

!!! 🚨🚨[ [MENTION=22245]Julien[/MENTION]Maynard🥇] | Two F16 fighters have been spotted flying alongside Messi's plane. Negotiations are on going. Everything can change at this moment

xIJYsafIM.jpg

IT'S NOT OVER BOIS

malvolio

I had tickets for the last liga game in 19/20 and had everything booked to go to one of the last games at Camp Nou in 20/21 and was prepared to say goodbye so I just feel the universe owes it to me to have him come back for another try. :(

I feel for you. Was planning to go back to Barcelona in the spring to see him live again in a Barcelona shirt. Think I'll go to Paris now, just to make sure that I see him live one more time before he retires.

Horatio

You're welcome
I am doing pretty well to be fair. Completely accepted reality and waiting for Sunday to come to watch Barca again. Don't even think I will watch Messi in Ligue 1. In CL yes, but I have always watched how PSG was doing in CL.

Never expected to be this big of a cule. Excited to see how we move from here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who wouldn't be sad going from 135M to merely 35M a season?

View attachment 9053

Where does the 135m figure come from? It is true, it has to be gross, not net.

The 35m that Messi reportedly will be making at PSG is net. Given the French tax rate for the rich at 40% (according to Wikipedia, not sure how accurate it is), his gross salary would amount to roughly 58m at PSG.

Either way, he is probably earning less at PSG than here but not that much less.

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

neymar's instagram story just confirmed it

E8bpufuWQAMj_iO

xxxxxx

I am doing pretty well to be fair. Completely accepted reality and waiting for Sunday to come to watch Barca again. Don't even think I will watch Messi in Ligue 1. In CL yes, but I have always watched how PSG was doing in CL.

Never expected to be this big of a cule. Excited to see how we move from here.

I think I'll watch his first match, but I can't watch Ligue 1. It's such an awful league and boring. But I will check out some of their Champions League matches, but I doubt I'll care to watch that many.

We'll survive without Messi. We've lost many big players in the past and we've always found a way through. We have true supporters who will see us through this. If we can somehow spend better and get in Haaland next season, we have a chance to compete next season.

KingLeo10

He'll play at least 4-5 more years at that Uber Eats league and probably win the CL record too (goals and trophies) while he's at it.

Would be amazing if we can meet his team in the CL in a couple of years and beat them like we beat Guardiola in 14/15.

Zidane82

It?s been a tough week for the lad ..having to choose between Neymar at PSG and Suarez at Atletico..

Atletico made a serious attempt to get Messi just yesterday..

I think I'll watch his first match, but I can't watch Ligue 1. It's such an awful league and boring. But I will check out some of their Champions League matches, but I doubt I'll care to watch that many.

We'll survive without Messi. We've lost many big players in the past and we've always found a way through. We have true supporters who will see us through this. If we can somehow spend better and get in Haaland next season, we have a chance to compete next season.

Good thing we got rid of the deadwood and kept the true jewels of the crown.

vegitot

He'll play at least 4-5 more years at that Uber Eats league and probably win the CL record too (goals and trophies) while he's at it.

Would be amazing if we can meet his team in the CL in a couple of years and beat them like we beat Guardiola in 14/15.

14/15 Barca had peak MSN, Iniesta, peak Rakitic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans