Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andresito

Staff member
Probably the only one player in the world hoping he remains positive so that he doesn't have to play for that shite club.

FinBarcelonafan

He is going Neymar way.

What I expected really. Look at Neymars motivation there.. mostly CL focused.

There's nothing to play in the league.

Porque

Messi was always selective about which games he turns up to, so to speak. In the more physical Ligue1 it is only natural he takes care of himself.

When the money games come, I don't doubt we will see the best Messi. We have seen this so many times before that we can never write off the worlds greatest player.

Just re-watch the Man City home game to re-affirm.

FinBarcelonafan

Messi was always selective about which games he turns up to, so to speak. In the more physical Ligue1 it is only natural he takes care of himself.

When the money games come, I don't doubt we will see the best Messi. We have seen this so many times before that we can never write off the worlds greatest player.

True but it might be harder to switch on after so long not switching on

Messigician

Gerard Piqu? has improved a lot under Xavi. Before, he was averaging 7.9 recoveries per match, now up to 10.1. Also, he has only lost the ball once in 6 league games.

? @LaTdT

Imagine a Xavi led Messi

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I dont think he decided not to turn up against real madrid in the last years, or against atletico in 2016 or roma 2018. What i saw is he is very professionell and always tries to win the matches, even if its only a crap team in ligue 1. By the way against City at home he scored a wonder goal but imo was overall average.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

What Man City game?

He was not all that great in either but did score a good goal in first one.

Messi doesnt sit out games. He just gets endless excuses when doesnt play well every game as some folk cant accept it.

BarcaOG

Banned

thats nonsense. players dont 'choose' which games to perform in. if that were true then, in messis case, for example, it would mean that he chose to be completely absent and uninterested in his last 8 or so clasicos against Real, and that he was more interested in 'showing' up against Eibar

nonsense.

Porque

[MENTION=28187]Fati_Future_BallonDor[/MENTION], [MENTION=1742]BarcaOG[/MENTION], [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION]

Not talking about big games. If Messi didn't play good against PSG away or a Madrid game (or any game in general) it is not because he decided not to show up, he just had a dud game.

I'm talking about the lesser league ties where Messi would choose to conserve energy even more by not working off the ball or chasing to close down as he would in a "big" tie (even less than his low km/90 average). Remember Messi never wanted to rest or even get subbed. So it is only natural that he would be selective about his physical exertion and energy management.

Obviously when on the ball he would always try his best to score or create a chance.

This should explain my context better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans