Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Can't help but think that Di Maria is the level Dembele would reach without injuries. I've been extremely frustrated seeing Di Maria play, taking shots from impossible angles, drilling his head down and ignoring better options etc.

Footballing IQ is relatively low, but he has improved a lot and at times does amazing things as he is incredibly talented. Dembele is basically the same player, difference is the Frenchman's 'amazing things' appear more rarely.

I think consistency is an issue for both, with Dembele being way behind mostly due to lack of playing time.

Di Maria has been often a headless chicken but he is one of the biggest big game players ive ever seen. Its crazy how many big matches this guy has decided by himself. The goal against brazil in final was just the cherry on the cake. Im 100% sure with him Argentinia would have won against Germany, he was in beast form. Even though it was only a friendly match a few weeks later this guy made a hattrick of assists and scored one goal to beat Germany 4-2.

Laplacian

Neymar's last season with barca:

How good was this guy. He was unlucky having his peak in the Ronaldo/Messi years. Guy deserved at least one Ballon Dor.

24 years old and decided to fuck off to PSG. God I hate this guy, he was so lovely to watch in his young 20s. Also holy shit, Dembele's now the same age Neymar was in 2016/2017.

serghei

Can't help but think that Di Maria is the level Dembele would reach without injuries. I've been extremely frustrated seeing Di Maria play, taking shots from impossible angles, drilling his head down and ignoring better options etc.

Footballing IQ is relatively low, but he has improved a lot and at times does amazing things as he is incredibly talented. Dembele is basically the same player, difference is the Frenchman's 'amazing things' appear more rarely.

I think consistency is an issue for both, with Dembele being way behind mostly due to lack of playing time.

No way.

Laplacian

I almost fucking puked. I swear the level of fucking disrespect some people here show to other footballers just so they can slurp on Dembele's balls is amazing. I barely watched football through the mid 2010s but I still managed to catch the 2011-2014 here and there, and if you think any version of Dembele is anywhere close to what to Di Maria did in that period you should just permanently log off and never comment on anything related to football ever.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At risk of having a couple of guys at my throat I'll still say it again: Dembele is just not that talented

fergus90

Dembele’s lack of availability has clouded peoples perception on just how talented he is.

Does add dynamism but is so hot and cold with his end product.

KingLeo10

Di Maria at his best is a level that Dembele simply doesn't have in his locker IMO.

In 13/14, Di Maria was arguably RM's 3rd best player in the CL...made 70% of the winning goal in the final too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele’s lack of availability has clouded peoples perception on just how talented he is.

Does add dynamism but is so hot and cold with his end product.

Never mind his end product, his technique is so inconsistent that there's no way he'd be able to replicate what someone like Di Maria has done in his career even if he stayed fit.

With such limitations you're not going to get that far. I think Alexis Sanchez would be his ceiling.

fergus90

Never mind his end product, his technique is so inconsistent that there's no way he'd be able to replicate what someone like Di Maria has done in his career even if he stayed fit.

With such limitations you're not going to get that far. I think Alexis Sanchez would be his ceiling.

Yeah, I personally couldn’t care less if he leaves.

Di Maria is so many levels above him as a footballer. Crucial in the 13/14 CL for Real, winning goal for Argentina etc.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Di Maria at his best is a level that Dembele simply doesn't have in his locker IMO.

In 13/14, Di Maria was arguably RM's 3rd best player in the CL...made 70% of the winning goal in the final too.

Di Maria is really an underrated player, even after his prime he decided so many matches, for example: 2 goals against us in knockout stage cl match, 2 goals against real for a 3-0 win, winning goal against brazil copa, super performance against manu with two assists knockout match, great peformances against bayern and city last season and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans