Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

Stunning to see how much fitter and faster Modric was compared to him despite being 2 years older.

Incredible to witness.

Messigician

This fucking Champions League choke artist
will get exposed big time at the World Cup.

He will be remembered for stealing paychecks from PSG, choking in his later career in the CL while sulking and not being a leader. Icing on the cake will be being exposed with Argentina in the World Cup in Qatar.

We will see

Argentina are much better than PSG

BarcaOG

Banned
first match misses crucial pen that would have sent the game to extra time

second match in real madrids stadium where he once did as he liked he is completely totally absolutely absent for 90 minutes straight, hell the linesmen refereeing ran more and had more of a say in the outcome of the match

SHAMEFULLLLLLL

DHorozov

nah he didn't give a shit at Barca also. W for Laporta if he did mastermind Messi's exit

He wasn't that bad tonight but Modric, 2 years older, really put him to shame

Don't think there was a moment he didn't give a shit for Barca at any moment. He just doesn't have that leader mentality to bring the whole team up, but that is a different topic. Still, for PSG, from the games I have seen, it is visibly not the same...

Not saying that this bad scenario for us (being unable to renew him) did not turn out to be good overall, but the motivation is obviously gone for him on club level at this point...

And still, I would have loved to see these youngsters playing alongside Messi... he is Messi ffs

feggydinho

Time to retire, honestly. From club football at least. It's obvious his passion isn't in it anymore, maybe only with Argentina. If 34 year old Benzema and 36 year old Modric can have such big impacts in games like these still, so should he. He just doesn't care to.

That's the point, you see many old players still trying to get involved as much as possible in games and then there's Messi, the end of his career is really looking sad and I see the French media finishing him

eaman

Messi was actually having a decent game until half-time when Jordi Alba called.

But what psg player played well in that 2nd half? Mbappe barely touched the ball as well. The midfield not dominating second half and the defence collapsing is why they lost

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This fucking Champions League choke artist
will get exposed big time at the World Cup.

He will be remembered for stealing paychecks from PSG, choking in his later career in the CL while sulking and not being a leader. Icing on the cake will be being exposed with Argentina in the World Cup in Qatar.

Mate he has 10 LL titles and four CL titles with us.

You're talking like he's some bum and did nothing for us. Relax a bit :lol:

KingLeo10

I was probably the biggest supporter of selling him in 2020 for that 100M and reinvesting that money wisely. But I changed my mind after Planes confirmed in his latest interview that they were close to signing Lautaro. I guess him leaving this season is the best we option had.

I agree though with everything else you said.

100 M with Alemany would be gold. 100 M under Barto is as good as 0.

I wanted him and Barca to part ways after the Bayern game. Hell, in retrospect, the BEST time for him to depart would have been after 2019 where he did actually have a world class season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans