Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaOG

Banned
2009, 2011, 2012 (91 goals in a year record), 2015, 2019 (70 G + A, 12 goals CL) are pretty much spot on Ballon D'Ors by this "individual performances" metric over trophies.

2010 he has a very good argument for (47 goals a season and first since R9 to do so), but Xavi - Iniesta also have a claim due to WC.

2021 between him and Lewa, as I've always said.

So, all in all, doesn't change much. He won many clear Ballon D'Ors and a couple close ones.

2009 yes
2010 nope not even close the legends Xavi and Iniesta deserve it they were PHENOMENAL at club level and PHENOMENAL at intl level
2012 yes despite the hard CL choke but still yes
2021 a complete joke Lewa's award

BarcaOG

Banned
2015 yes
2019 hell no, what a joke, historic CL choke and the beginning of his total invisibility in clasicos, fully in loser mode, no way he deserves it

KingLeo10

2009 yes
2010 nope not even close the legends Xavi and Iniesta deserve it they were PHENOMENAL at club level and PHENOMENAL at intl level
2012 yes despite the hard CL choke but still yes
2021 a complete joke Lewa's award

How about you let me have my opinions and stop quoting me with your usual tripe when we clearly don't see eye to eye on this issue?

You're like a broken record here, man. Chill.

BarcaOG

Banned
Doesn't seem like you care too much if Barca is winning or not though, mostly personal battles it seems.

well ive been calling this for at least 2 years now on this forum so it is nice to be vindicated

i am excited by the current barca project, with all its faults, and am enjoying the experiment much more than the last few years with the clown leo leading the team to ruin. weaning ourselves from messi was never going to be easy so it's not like im expecting titles. but i love to see hungry youngsters fighting for a place in the starting 11 (despite Xavi's amigo obsession) and the idea of a new era for us.

it is entirely a delicious, sweet, savoury added bonus that the universe has proven me right, too.

Hardy

Which 3? And you say at least. Which others should he probably not have got?

first of all I'm not saying he didn't deserve to win some of those, the only one I think he shouldn't have won is 2010, what I'm saying is that with old format when only european press was allowed to vote he definitely would have lost 2 or 3 of them, he got less votes than VVD and Lewa the last 2 times from euro press (you can check), in 2010 he won because of fusion with fifa award, think he finished out of podium with only press voting. so he got lucky, same for ronaldo by the way.

BarcaOG

Banned
How about you let me have my opinions and stop quoting me with your usual tripe when we clearly don't see eye to eye on this issue?

You're like a broken record here, man. Chill.

its not that you have an opinion--well, its that

its that youre wrong mate :lol: , as wrong as you have been about messi for years which the entire world now recognizes

i might be a broken record but you are literally the inverse of my position, equally broken and uncompromising

KingLeo10

its not that you have an opinion--well, its that

its that youre wrong mate :lol: , as wrong as you have been about messi for years which the entire world now recognizes

i might be a broken record but you are literally the inverse of my position, equally broken and uncompromising

You have an opinion that Messi is a bum, while he has some of the most impressive trophy and individual record collections in football history. Those are objective criteria.

When people call you out on this opinion, you devolve into calling them a "Putin lover authoritarian" and now you wanna lecture me on how my "opinions are wrong". Fuck outta here :lol:

I have no interest in engaging with you...just stop quoting me so it doesn't show up in my notifications

Birdy

*Since Valverde left

He was still delivering performances like this one against Dortmund in november 2019

The sad truth is that the Valverde years 2017-2020 (2.5 years) was his last chance to win CL,
he was still good, despite not at his best

Problem is the coward-ish and ineffective tactics Ernie used, and his positioning as false RW
His only chance to win CL those years would have been IF the team was playing sth close to a 4-2-3-1 with him occupying the CAM role (freedom of movement of course), 2 wingers always out wide and 1 striker to stretch the pitch both vertically and horizontally which was necessary for him to find space to move, and then of course 2 DMs that could run a lot (hence not Busi, or else you need Kante next to him to compensate)

None of that happened, hence the outcome we all witnessed

BarcaOG

Banned
You have an opinion that Messi is a bum, while he has some of the most impressive trophy and individual record collections in football history. Those are objective criteria.

When people call you out on this opinion, you devolve into calling them a "Putin lover authoritarian" and now you wanna lecture me on how my "opinions are wrong". Fuck outta here :lol:

I have no interest in engaging with you...just stop quoting me so it doesn't show up in my notifications

i have no problem with people 'calling me out'. that's fine--its a forum. the problem is when instead of actually adding anything to the debate posters default to the 'ban him' position. that's the cowardly putin loving nonsense i cant stand.

i know you're not exactly bright KL but there is a decisive and fundamental difference between saying 'you are wrong' and asking that you be banned. i hope you are just bright enough to appreciate how those two things are not the same.

also i can quote you all i want you fuck, its a forum function and if you dont like it, like ive said before, you are more than welcome to fuck off to the PSG forum. :lol:

BarcaOG

Banned

cope

KingLeo10

also i can quote you all i want you fuck, its a forum function and if you dont like it, like ive said before, you are more than welcome to fuck off to the PSG forum. :lol:

Pipe down, inbred.

It seems you are averse to keeping things civil, so I will call you exclusively as an inbred from now on :lol:

BarcaOG

Banned
Pipe down, inbred.

It seems you are averse to keeping things civil, so I will call you exclusively as an inbred from now on :lol:

COPE

tell me more about how messi was saving himself for the CL :lol: please tell me more about that whole theory

or tell me about how you think l1 is a tough league now :lol: -- so long of course as messi does well there. if he doesnt tell me again how he doesnt care

lmfao

Richard.H

I don't understand why OG spends so much effort on Messi hate. Literally no one on this forum disagrees with the root cause anymore. Yes he is not playing well this season. He is not even top 10 for Balon D'or. It's done and dusted. You're just taking the piss now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans