Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilerBam

Corner taken quickly......Origi! :wave:

Pretty weird that we belong in the Conference League and still have more CLs than you lot. :lol:

That s the weird part, isn't it? You have more CL's than us(one), yet still your appeal is miles behind Barca's. Anyway, because i really don't care and i don't hate Liverpool, i ll say that in eventual final with Madrid, i am with you guy. I wonder what is your poblem with Messi though: jealousy that never in your entire history you had a player like him?

Temptation

That s the weird part, isn't it? You have more CL's than us(one), yet still your appeal is miles behind Barca's. Anyway, because i really don't care and i don't hate Liverpool, i ll say that in eventual final with Madrid, i am with you guy. I wonder what is your poblem with Messi though: jealousy that never in your entire history you had a player like him?

You lot had the best period of your club's history. This was your golden era which coincided with the rise of social media bolstered by icons like Dinho and Messi so no surprises that you're one of the most popular club's in the world. Don't confuse Social Media popularity with real life. Half your "fans" recently migrated to PSG very recently. You guys and Madrid(actual biggest club itw) were the best in that recent period located in Sunny Spain so you attracted great players. Italian clubs had that until mid 2000s too. Football goes around in phases. We have been through some morbid times. Liverpool have always been one of the biggest clubs in the world and will continue to be. It has such romance in it very clubs have.
Proud of the club we have built "the right way" without any shady sources unlike many clubs. And no, we don't want players who take 555mil off the club with 8 salary hikes in 9 years. We actually have players "who love the club"...:lol:

What's this got to do with Messi? I'm no fan but don't particularly hate him. His fanbase is laughable though.

SmilerBam

You lot had the best period of your club's history. This was your golden era which coincided with the rise of social media bolstered by icons like Dinho and Messi so no surprises that you're one of the most popular club's in the world. Don't confuse Social Media popularity with real life. Half your "fans" recently migrated to PSG very recently. You guys and Madrid(actual biggest club itw) were the best in that recent period located in Sunny Spain so you attracted great players. Italian clubs had that until mid 2000s too. Football goes around in phases. We have been through some morbid times. Liverpool have always been one of the biggest clubs in the world and will continue to be. It has such romance in it very clubs have.
Proud of the club we have built "the right way" without any shady sources unlike many clubs. And no, we don't want players who take 555mil off the club with 8 salary hikes in 9 years. We actually have players "who love the club"...:lol:

What's this got to do with Messi? I'm no fan but don't particularly hate him. His fanbase is laughable though.

Even before our golden period, we attracted global superstars, like Cruyff, Maradona or Ronaldo Nazario. Barcelona was always a big attraction to the best players. Speaking of fanbases, Liverpool's one of the shittest in England. I mean, look at RAWK.

Temptation

Even before our golden period, we attracted global superstars, like Cruyff, Maradona or Ronaldo Nazario. Barcelona was always a big attraction to the best players. Speaking of fanbases, Liverpool's one of the shittest in England. I mean, look at RAWK.

Every club fanbase has it's ultras and unpleasant beings.

Our Anfield atmosphere is so iconic that even the biggest rivals and players around the world can't help but rave about it and be intimidated by it. One of the most passionate fanbases in the world.

People can love or hate the club. But they can never ignore it. Even when we're down.

KingLeo10

Every club fanbase has it's ultras and unpleasant beings.

Our Anfield atmosphere is so iconic that even the biggest rivals and players around the world can't help but rave about it and be intimidated by it. One of the most passionate fanbases in the world.

People can love or hate the club. But they can never ignore it. Even when we're down.

:lol::lol::lol: Liverpool were a running joke and the subject of "RAWK boom-bust cycles" for nearly 25 years.

Only using CLs is an incomplete metric. European Cups were easier to win pre allowing 4 teams from the strongest leagues in Europe. And it's not like the difference is big. 6 to 5.

We have far more league titles than Pool, competing against RM. 26 v 19.

You don't have a legit treble yet. Just the tinpot one from 2001 with a bunch of second rate cups. Pool isn't on Barca's level historically in terms of players to play for the club or the peak level achieved or even major trophies. Not yet atleast.

Last edited:

Temptation

English top division has more number of competitors.

Even Madrid don't have a treble. Why is a treble so important in these things??

So if we win the Quadruple now what will you say??

KingLeo10

English top division has more number of competitors.

Even Madrid don't have a treble. Why is a treble so important in these things??

So if we win the Quadruple now what will you say??

Treble is only important in the sense that it shows complete and utter domination of football in a given year.

Like a marker for peak level. I would be very impressed with a Pool quadruple this season.

And I agree about more competition in EPL, but you also have to admit that the competitors you have are not RM level, who are the darling of Spain on top of being the strongest club in Europe historically. So it sorta evens out.

Tackle

Treble is only important in the sense that it shows complete and utter domination of football in a given year.

Like a marker for peak level. I would be very impressed with a Pool quadruple this season.

And I agree about more competition in EPL, but you also have to admit that the competitors you have are not RM level, who are the darling of Spain on top of being the strongest club in Europe historically. So it sorta evens out.

League + CL double is all that is needed to show year round dominance. Bigger clubs (apart from Barcelona) don't take domestic cups as seriously and often play reserve and youth players until the latter stages of the competition.

Madrid have more Champions League and La Liga titles so Barca fans feel the need to bring up trebles as a way to elevate the Copa Del Rey.

KingLeo10

League + CL double is all that is needed to show year round dominance. Bigger clubs (apart from Barcelona) don't take domestic cups as seriously and often play reserve and youth players until the latter stages of the competition.

Madrid have more Champions League and La Liga titles so Barca fans feel the need to bring up trebles as a way to elevate the Copa Del Rey.

RM have 1 league + CL double as far as I recall. And 3 or 4 if you count the European Cup.

Barca have 5 league + CL doubles, in fact the most in European history if I'm not mistaken.

So, my point regarding peak dominance still stands ignoring the CDR.

yeah triple is overrated because no team can do what barca did :lol:

anyway .... watching this video again & again & to see how this guy dealt with world class real madrid players under their legendry coaches is unbelivable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pL19ZZdh_M

literally 5-6 players goes at him :lol:

and how on earth can some1 watch this and doubt him being the goat ???

Andresito

Staff member
Back in Barcelona

FRyZCn8XEAUE4b_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans