Liverpool

hardyboy

Absolutely, nothing to do with tactics.

On the pitch, Liverpool was, without any doubt, the best team.
But last night luck was on the side of RM: this is the reason why they won, nothing outstanding.

Its not about luck. Defeating Man city and PSG also wasn't luck. This madrid side is mental beast. They know how to absorb pressure and take the game away from the opposition especially in the finals.

khaled_a_d

Absolutely, nothing to do with tactics.

On the pitch, Liverpool was, without any doubt, the best team.
But last night luck was on the side of RM: this is the reason why they won, nothing outstanding.

Liverpool didn't beat any of the other top 4 teams in EPL this year, with a draw in all games. They had 3 finals this season and they didn't score a single goal.
Last night they played the way RM wanted them, considering RM knew they were the underdogs, and left ton of space behind. After the wrongfully disallowed goal, Liverpool should gave taken notice, but they continued their path

Horatio

You're welcome
Liverpool didn't beat any of the other top 4 teams in EPL this year, with a draw in all games.

I don't know about this. Have seen it mentioned before but I could frame it differently and say none of the other top 4 teams succeeded in beating Liverpool.

Also hate that when a result does not go in the team's favour the "team played the way Real wanted them to". Liverpool was clearly better side and Courtois bailed them out. Any other keeper and people would be praising Klopp's genius today.

How did Real wanted them to play exactly? Actually succeed in creating chances and betting on Courtois to make miraculous saves?

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I don't know about this. Have seen it mentioned before but I could frame it differently and say none of the other top 4 teams succeeded in beating Liverpool.

Obviously, but if you are elite team who wants to win "quadruple " your aim isn't not losing, but beating the best of the best. Not a draw

khaled_a_d

Also hate that when a result does not go in the team's favour the "team played the way Real wanted them to". Liverpool was clearly better side and Courtois bailed them out. Any other keeper and people would be praising Klopp's genius today.

How did Real wanted them to play exactly? Actually succeed in creating chances and betting on Courtois to make miraculous saves?

Real wanted to allow themselves a room to win with a but of luck. That is the best hope when you know the opponents is the better team.
The moment Real oppened sone space, Salah went 1 vs 1 with Courois which was the only time they did.
There was no need for playing such highline IMO. It played in RM favour

Windhook

Looks like this was the Last Dance for Liverpool. 2 weeks prior there were talks of quadriple or sorts, now they are the Leverkusen of the season.

Messigician

Kinda weird to blame Valverde for that game lol

Just take your chances in the first half and don't have a crying meltdown at half time when it's 1-0

@Alba

Home of Barca Fans