Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 3-1

Schumi

Here is what I would choose

1)MAthieu at CB because alba at lb is much better than not having a really strong CB as a CB.
2)MAsch should play there.Busi is not at his best and masch will no doubt be better at cdm position than busquets currently.But I know lucho will start busi.
3)Suarez should start or otherwise play with 4 midfielders,just don't start pedro or munir.Suarez played his liverpool match after the ban like he played every game of the league.He will be motivated as hell tomorrow and neymesuarez look deadly and one of the 3 is bound to do something special.
4)Pique's time was over a long time ago.I never trusted him for the last few years.He is a timebomb and his brainfarts can occur any time.Not reliable at all but he somehow has monopolized his position as a CB for barca.It looks like benching pique is really hard.
5)As I said either play neymesuarez or start with 4 midfielders including xavi.I would prefer 4 midfielders and bringing suarez later.

I tend to agree with you, except that Mathieu-Alba conundrum. I think that Alba should be left out so that our average height is raised for those set-pieces and crosses that Real Madrid will surely attempt. Anyway, let me try my own line-up.

Bravo; Alves, Pique, Bartra, Mathieu; Mascherano, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar, Suarez
-------> This is a very orthodox Barcelona line-up and with the benefit of some much needed height at the back. I know Pique and Bartra are nowhere near where we want them to be, but hell, no matter what we do, the CB position is bound to be problematic.

or:

Bravo; Alves, Pique, Mathieu, Alba; Mascherano, Biscuits, Xavi, Iniesta; Messi, Neymar
-------> Bring Luis Suarez on before the 60th minute, maybe even start him in the 2nd half.

This line-up is ultra-defensive for our standards, but considering the opposition, our defensive frailty, the venue, the fact that a draw would rather suit us and the fact that Suarez has been absent for so long, it may be more than worth a try. This is also a perfect litmus test for this line-up that can also be utilized for tough away CL fixtures. Even if this does not work tomorrow and we lose, then we will still be on top and the league is still very young. But if it works, then such a line-up may prove a winning formula for those tough CL away games that have so much cost us in the recent past. I was so disappointed in Lucho for not trying this way at PSG.

Last edited:

Neymessi

I tend to agree with you, except that Mathieu-Alba conundrum. I think that Alba should be left out so that our average height is raised for those set-pieces and crosses that Real Madrid will surely attempt. Anyway, let me try my own line-up.

Real have been deadly on counters and attack.Scoring for fun.We need our best cb playing as a cb.MAthieu can track back and I am pretty sure he can chase ronaldo when ronaldo leaves pique for dead.We have been playing with even lesser average defence height before and we managed to win.Alba's short height will certainly not count that much.Also there is no bale who will terrorize the left flank.James will be playing there and the right side where ronaldo is needs more shielding than the left.MAthieu will be wasted on the left with not much attacking threat to deal with.these are my reasons why I chose alba as LB.

Schumi

Real have been deadly on counters and attack.Scoring for fun.We need our best cb playing as a cb.MAthieu can track back and I am pretty sure he can chase ronaldo when ronaldo leaves pique for dead.We have been playing with even lesser average defence height before and we managed to win.Alba's short height will certainly not count that much.Also there is no bale who will terrorize the left flank.James will be playing there and the right side where ronaldo is needs more shielding than the left.MAthieu will be wasted on the left with not much attacking threat to deal with.these are my reasons why I chose alba as LB.

I definitely see your point. You are probably correct.

How about 2 DMs. Both Busquets and Mascherano, especially if Suarez does not start?

Barcilliant

LOL-every season this seems to happen. Real are going to beat us. We are slow, they are deadly on counters etc.

Last season when we were shit and they were great we still beat them TWICE-once AWAY.

PLEASE no Alves and Alba in the same line up. If they are going to play Alves and Alba then Mascherano HAS to play.

As usual the ref will play a big part.

it is at 3am here in Aus so I will give it a miss.

Samuel Eto'o

Before every Barca v Madrid match I am filled with endless nerves and after I see certain names in the starting eleven I begin to relax. Just cant wait to see those names tomorrow. I just pray Pedro don't start and if he does his actions result in some sort of positive outcome.

RightGuy

After that P$G game i am worried about our height and for that reason only i would like to have pique in the line up.Something like Dani-Pique-Bartra-Mathieu would be my choice.If dani goes forward it can be a 3 man defence,just like the abidal days.Drop Pedro/Munir for xavi,we need his cool & calm head.

L

linetty

Bravo
Alves Bartra Pique Mathieu
Mascherano
Raki* Iniesta
Messi
Suarez Neymar

* /Xavi

BarçAjax8

Bravo
Dani - Pique - Bartra - Mathieu
Mascherano
Xavi - Iniesta
Suarez - Messi - Neymar

(if Lucho plays Busquets instead of Masche then I'd switch Rakitic in for Xavi to keep balance for speed in tracking back)

Visca Barça! :flagvl8:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Zanela opening the thread....oh dear! Pack your bags mates. :cry:

Anyways, it will be very tricky this time. Real Madrid clearly has advantage with a set team and in-form players, not to mention regular refballs, and a well settled coach. Barca would need to control every inch of the field with much intensity and create chances as early as possible. We often lose our rhythm during first half of the game and that slows down our tempo. I hope it doesn't happen atleast this time around. they won't play a perfect game. It's not in their nature. So we need to use those situations tactfully. And Geri, please buckle up. Defense :(

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans