Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 3-1

footyfan

Calma, calma
No need for so much gloom. Barça was controlling the game until Pique made that stupid mistake. Their 3rd goal also game from an individual mistake, Iniesta.
The second was the well known systematic failure against set pieces...

Barca were letting in chances right from the first whistle. Benzema hit the woodwork (twice within 1 chance) and had a couple of other really dangerous situations. Madrid were not clinical enough, and they just got so much worse at taking chances after 3-1.

And Messi should have put Barca 2-0 up.

Real Madrid were easily deserving winners. Barca just gave up after 3-1.

Our main problem remains since last year. Lack of urgency, even when we were down, players just jogged around !!

Someone explain to me, why are we so slow and lazy ?!! All matches have been like that this season, I mean it : ALL

dakt

I was afraid that we don't get humiliated. Real is machine, in every aspect better then us.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Disappointment for me was the lack of fight that we showed. Our whole team looked like it couldn't be bothered. After Penaldo scored we looked so so flat.

Suarez clearly wasn't fit/rusty and Lucho should have known that. Mathieu at LB was a mistake and Pique was horrendous. Easy to say in hindsight but clear errors from Lucho (apart from Pique).

Having said that it was mainly individual mistakes that cost us. Another annoyance is that Penaldo offered nothing to Madrid but he will still get branded as the match winner.

Alex-kun

In the first half the game more open, more fought. In the second half they deserved to win, you can not deny, we have it all wrong. Lucho until today I had always loved, but today has made ​​too many mistakes, starting with the decision to field Busquets

raki

If Messi nails the 2.0 in front of Casillas. Damn. I liked the 1st half. The 2nd was disappoint. But there´s no need for a meltdown

F

Flavia

Barca were letting in chances right from the first whistle. Benzema hit the woodwork (twice within 1 chance) and had a couple of other really dangerous situations. Madrid were not clinical enough, and they just got so much worse at taking chances after 3-1.

And Messi should have put Barca 2-0 up.

Real Madrid were easily deserving winners. Barca just gave up after 3-1.

Barça was also not clinical. Should had been 2-0, the game would've been different. But after their 2nd they dominated completely, it could had been more than 3-1.

Mascherano was the only positive today, the rest of the players meh, We are very far away from being the best team in Europé, let alone Spain, it hurts, it hurt so damn much to acknowledge that Real is so much better than us. I remember when out players was seen as gods, now its a team full of also rans

doublehh03

I was afraid that we don't get humiliated. Real is machine, in every aspect better then us.

Outside of those 2 Benzema's chances (in the same possession), Madrid posed zero threat in the first 30 mins. That penalty was b/c of Pique not knowing what the hell he was doing. Ronaldo was shut down. Those counter attacks never materialized to anything.

Barca lost this game b/c of dumb mistakes by their 2 veterans: Pique and Iniesta. They gift-wrapped those goals to Real.

ricknattery

Since Mourinho's second year Madrid seems to have the upper hand in the mentality aspect in Clasicos. When things arent going our way, we hardly show any passion(except for Mascherano and in a way Neymar). Plus we have many players in a bad form. Hope Lucho can learn from this but from now on he will feel the pressure since our first 2 big games were lost

Home of Barca Fans