Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 3-1

SeloBarca

Pique is a dominant figure in Barcelona and part of the "core" with Iniesta, Xavi, Messi as a Masia product.
Probably one of the reasons hes so crap now, he knows that himself.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Arsenal? We would become Arsenal if we barely manage to qualify for the CL and lose our own cup. :troll:

F

Flavia

Doom and gloom aside, it's still early. Lucho can fix things. Ancelotti didn't start that well either last season, and he's a much more experienced coach.

gatsu

Barcelona was the dominating force.

The play RM has now is tailored to counter Barcelona, made by Mourinho.
RM style is perfect against Barcelona. Barcelona style against RM is quite bad. The style we met when we won 5-0 is not the same as RM plays now.

Most other teams have tried to copy RMs playstyle. "If you beat Barcelona, you beat them all"
Every team we meet in CL plays the same. Back home, close down middle to shut down Iniesta, Xavi and Messi, dont worry about sides since Barcelona are not good in air, then counterattack.

Unfortunally, Barcelona have said over and over that theyll stick to "their idea" of football, aka posession. Its the football i love, but its not effective anymore.

Sorry but you're completely clueless, two years back, Barcelona was a caricature of herself, we were trying to apply the principles acquired back in Peps era without the necessary tools (mouvement, fast and short passing, permutation, pressing, intelligence, space creation), under Lucho it's even worst since we are completely denying our philosophy which is based primarily on a perfect creation game aiming to create the needed space to place accelerations.

Under Lucho the midfield is not our hub, the wings are, although they are completely useless when playing with three axial strikers (no combination game), worst the three strikers do not participate in the defensive game, which weaken our first defensive line and thus cut the team in two, in this particular case the pressing lack coordination.

It's not a matter of possession it's a matter of how to use this possession, and it seems we have completely forget.

DonAK

Doom and gloom aside, it's still early. Lucho can fix things. Ancelotti didn't start that well either last season, and he's a much more experienced coach.

I think, by the end of December, after the PSG game, we'll know where we stand. Ancelotti started off badly, but he identified the problems and rectified it. Lucho need to do the same, I just hope he is not stubborn and hell bent on continuing on the same path.

And winning a game won't change anything, there need to be clear adjustments and meritocracy.

mazp

I think, by the end of December, after the PSG game, we'll know where we stand. Ancelotti started off badly, but he identified the problems and rectified it. Lucho need to do the same, I just hope he is not stubborn and hell bent on continuing on the same path.

And winning a game won't change anything, there need to be clear adjustments and meritocracy.

Thing is, Ancelotti is a manager with major pedigree. Madrid fans were always going to give him time, for his team to gel. Lucho doesn't have that pedigree, where he earned the fans his trust. So, saying Lucho will turn it around like Carlo did is not exactly a good example.

DonAK

Thing is, Ancelotti is a manager with major pedigree. Madrid fans were always going to give him time, for his team to gel. Lucho doesn't have that pedigree, where he earned the fans his trust. So, saying Lucho will turn it around like Carlo did is not exactly a good example.

If you're good enough then you fill find a solution to your problems. Let's see if Lucho is.

Adrian

Pique is a dominant figure in Barcelona and part of the "core" with Iniesta, Xavi, Messi as a Masia product.
Probably one of the reasons hes so crap now, he knows that himself.

I don't think that's the reason, I believe he seemed a lot better back in the day because he had Puyol to keep him in line and make up for his clumsy mistakes.

F

Flavia

Yeah, everything was fine. In fact, we were better...just unlucky though... :coffee:
Had messi scored from that suarez cross, the game would indeed be different. It's not like we were pummeled down from the start. But I get it's easier to just complain, be smirk about it, and embrace the gloom as you do.
There are a lot of problems to be solved, but this just started.

cro-man

Oh god I cant believe what I am reading here haha. Its funny and sad how blind people are. What did you expect from this game? Did you guys really thought that we with our problems can win against them?? But of course we dont have problems like our defense is so good look at the states we didnt concede many goals so everything is fine until we face a good club doesnt have to be the best or second or third or fifth.. . Always the same from season to season. Didnt need many games this season to realize ok nothing changed. Said it many times if you dont fix your weak spots as quick as possible you will go down like a ship one stone after another will fall domino effect and we waited and waited. If we had buy one decent defender for 2-3 years ago we could have fixed our defense until now but did we do?? Nothing now the whole defense is a problem and whats next?? our midfield it seems. How do you guys think we will handle this problem if our youngsters are not ready or not good enough?? This ban could give barca a dark time.. Even if we survive this ban they will spent money for nothing and buy a 36 old grandpa an injurieprone who will never play and a dark knight like douglas who is a mistery which should last forever as a mistery.

Home of Barca Fans