Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 3-1

There is no need to panic , it was one game but we must not make the same mistakes again .
Pique cannot play against better sides , he's proved it time after time for two years now .
Iniesta for whatever reason does not seem to want to play inside the opposition half anymore , i don't see this getting any better maybe time to sell while we could get a large fee.
Would also love to see a midfield of Masch , Messi and Rakatic , feeding balls through to Neymar and Suarez.
Also time to change free kick taker to Neymar , he has a better scoring rate from them than Messi and he is the future .

Schumi

Perspective...

We're still top, we were away from home against the European champions in form, a whisker from being 2-0 up and effectively game over. I don't see any reason to panic. Give the front three a few games to get used to each other, put Alba back in, never play Piqué unless it is absolutely necessary and bring in Masche for Busi. Jobs a good 'un.

1. Real Madrid are indeed the best in the world right now. That much is true.

2. We were indeed a whisker away from 0-2, but did you watch the game between minutes 5 and 15? We were uber lucky there.

3. The front three can only get better and better, that is a dead certainty.

4. Pique is beyond shit, everyone agrees. By merely removing him from the line-up there is already an improvement.

5. Mascherano over Busi is another obvious move that will improve us.

But having said that, we also suffer from atrocious deficiencies and we should not ignore them. We have several players that are past it (Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro) and others that are simply not good enough (Rakitic and may be Mathieu)

Kasperroed

I just though of someting; why don't we just try Busquets and Samper in a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1? Like:

Bravo
Alves - Mascherano - Mathieu - Alba
Samper - Busquets
Suarez - Iniesta/Rackitic - Neymar
Messi (false 9 role)

I just though of someting; why don't we just try Busquets and Samper in a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1? Like:

Bravo
Alves - Mascherano - Mathieu - Alba
Samper - Busquets
Suarez - Iniesta/Rackitic - Neymar
Messi (false 9 role)

Mascherano should be nowhere near that back line , he's a midfielder and up there with the best of them .

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Honestly this was a very surprising game. When I watched the Liverpool-Madrid game and saw that Ancelotti was playing with four attacking midfielders, I immediately thought that if he tried a line-up like that against us, he was going to get burned. It honestly nearly unraveled on him in the first half, to be honest we were creating the better scoring chances in the first half and while the scoreline and the overall result suggests we are still a long way behind Madrid, the first half was much more like how I thought the game was going to play out. Yes, Madrid have a good back line that can make money last ditch challenges and yes Ancelotti has them organized well but its nothing terribly complex. In the first half, we were utilizing the space in between their defensive and mf line well with Neymar's goal being created from him cutting into the middle with the space left from their MF.

It was clearly a game of two halves however because the Barca in the first half and second half were night and day. And while I initially focused on Madrid and Ancelotti's choices, I am turning my attention to Lucho now and why I am starting the be concerned with his decision making. First point being, I have no idea what he was thinking playing Mathieu in the role he had him play. Madrid playing a 4-4-2 made it vital to have size and strength in the center back pairing since Ronaldo and Benzema were for the most part playing through the middle. Mathieu's best attributes so far has been his ability to clear in the air, recover off of breaks and being strong in the tackle with a no nonsense approach on the ball. Putting a player like in not just a LB role but honestly as an attacking fullback, to mark James, a 5'9 shrimp with not a lot of physical attributes, was baffling from Lucho. Time and time again when Mathieu ventured forward to support the attack, he would turn the ball over. Its not slight against him as a player, he simply isn't a wing back. So again, pushing Mathieu out wide to mark James and expecting Mascherano to contain Benzema is bass ackwards thinking from Lucho.
Its like he didn't know Madrid were going to play a 4-4-2, even though they have practically all season.

Point two that Lucho deserves criticism for is Madrid overall played more precise then we did, and that is the first time in over 5 years I am saying this. Yes we had more completed passes and possession but when they had the ball, the moved it quickly and precisely with a clear idea of what they wanted to do and who was open. Madrid's entire game plan offensively is opportunistic, they create a majority of their goals from counter off of a defensive transition after winning the ball which is why they can score goals against the run of play at times. The way you combat that is by not making mistakes and making smart decisions in possession, things us fans took for granted because Barca's players naturally play that way. Well, they didn't today with the key example being Iniesta's turnover leading to Benzema's goal, the goal that really killed the game. Iniesta turning over the ball? That shouldn't be happening. Busquets made numerous mistakes in possession. Messi missing chances he usually buries in his sleep, these things show a lack of poise, a lack of execution, a lack of killer instinct. Poor and sloppy passing, lingering on the ball too long, these are things Lucho should have hammered out of the squad earlier in the season and them rearing their head in these big games (we lost to PSG in very similar fashion) is a very worrying sign to me.

The third thing that really concerned me from Lucho tonight was his man selection and subs during the game. Personally I would have kept Suarez on the bench to bring on as the difference maker in the 2nd half and start Munir, a player who Madrid don't know how to play exactly and would be itching to make a name for himself in a big opportunity on the big stage. I already talked about Mathieu but bringing off Xavi for a more defensive Rakitic when you are chasing a game is counter intuitive. As is bringing off Suarez, who was our best player in the 2nd half, for a totally piss poor Pedro who did nothing but run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

0 for 2 so far in the big games for Lucho and that's not a good sign. We need to hope NMS can figure out how to create goals and link-up among themselves (it looks promising, Suarez's service from in wide positions was a joy to behold) otherwise its going to be another disappointing season.

Really fucking pissed Pepe the Goon scored the game winner too...:facepalm:

:goodpost:

I agree with basically every point you make.

Lucho disappointed me yesterday. Carvajal and Marcelo weren't tracked at all, because our attackers were far too narrow defensively. Defensive solidity should've been our no.1 priority: with a draw, we would've been 4 points clear of Real, having already played the most difficult game of the domestic season. On top of that, last season, Neymar played very well against Carvajal as a wide-playing LW. Also, since Real didn't use proper wingers, putting Mathieu at LB made no sense whatsoever. Rakitic and Alba should've started imo, and Suarez probably shouldn't have, because he was unable to track Marcelo. Mind you, I think Suarez did pretty well in an attacking fashion, but tracking Marcelo should've been prioritized in this game imo. In the future, Busquets-Mascherano can be used as a double pivot, but since we haven't done that before, I wouldn't want to start a top game like that. I mean, without practice it would probably hamper our attack significantly.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I hope that 2 things will happen:
1. That LE learned from his mistakes.
2. That by the end of November we have a starting 11 that will play consistently.

raedkuwait

hi, i watched the game live, one thing i have to say messi was by far the worst player out there, he was not moving at all at one point i even noticed suarise looking at him as ti say come on man move, yet messi was just walking arround he seemd not intrested in the game at all as if daring lucho to sub him
i love barca so much and i was there live and i blame this loss on messi , ok pique was bad but pique was trying but he is just not good, but messi is the best player in the world but he was not trying at all, barca really need to solve this, its not up to him when he feels like playing he make the effort and when he is not in the mode he just walks around i love messi so much but this is the truth and he is payed loads of money so he should earn it really

Sent from my LG-D802 using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Rotations did not work in tata time and not working in lucho time too. We should have a consistent starting 11 with maximum of 1 or 2 changes. You can not change your entire midfield every match. That is a dumb mistake. Same with CB. Stick with a CB pairing and midfield trio with maybe change depending on opposition. Rakitic and Masch must in mid. Iniesta or Xavi depending on opposition.

viper76

Perspective...

We're still top, we were away from home against the European champions in form, a whisker from being 2-0 up and effectively game over. I don't see any reason to panic. Give the front three a few games to get used to each other, put Alba back in, never play Piqué unless it is absolutely necessary and bring in Masche for Busi. Jobs a good 'un.

Yes we're still top but the team is not convincing since the beginning of the season can you tell any game we won quiet comfortably the answer is none we have struggled in almost every game this season against teams we use to crush them in the first 20 minutes .

Icarium

Lifestealer
?......

..and not include any of Xavi / Iniesta / Pedro / Piqué in a starting 11 !

One of Xavi or iniesta must start. There is no other choice. Instead Busi, Pedro, Pique should never play. With Rakitic and Masch i think xavi or iniesta can play better. But Pique and Pedro will never play better and busi is letting the team down.

Home of Barca Fans