Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The board is taking the easiest solution by hiring Luis Enrique. I'm not ok with this decision.

I wonder what Laporta would've done in this situation ; which coach would he choose.

The most likely or only options are De Boer, Valverde(Declined the offer), Lucho or Paco Jemez.

The likes of Klopp, Simeone are NOT coming. Heycknes has retired.

I

instinct

I have the bad feeling that nothing will change. At AS Rom he played almost completely the same way we do now. He used a 4-3-3 with many triangles and 2 very offensive full-backs.
roma-1.png

This is not the way to go IMO. Maybe Tiki-taka is dead but maybe it's not but I do think that a 4-3-3 system doesn't offer the needed balance anymore, especially with Xavi who turns 35 next year and Iniesta and Cesc who rarely work in the defence.

roma-3.png

This is what we'd left with. Lucho played this with Roma many times. If we buy Luiz, we'll have a very offensive defence which would cause a great danger in counter attacks, just like it is now. Especially because Pique is not the fastest defender to deal with players like Bale or Ronaldo. At Roma, the fullbacks were MUCH to offensive which is a problem in our system as well.

Bringing a coach who knows the club and the system has it' benefits but I don't believe that he is able to develop our team the way it needs to be developed. He sticks with our traditional way of playing rather than improving it. At least he did at AS Rom, I don't know what he'll do here but I don't think that he'll make things much different than Tito and Tata tbh.

raskolnikov

The board is taking the easiest solution by hiring Luis Enrique. I'm not ok with this decision.

I wonder what Laporta would've done in this situation ; which coach would he choose.
Bring back Rijkaard, or hire De Boer/Koeman when Cruijff advises him to.

Last edited:

Tomchin

Speaking of Roma, any chance that Lucho will ask Zubi to sign Pjanic? We were linked with him 4-5 years ago already, but no idea how good he is now?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The most likely or only options are De Boer, Valverde(Declined the offer), Lucho or Paco Jemez.

Sounds about right...Lucho might just be the only viable option and who knows, maybe it will work out...I am not convinced because I don't really believe he sees the pitch or employ tactics better than the current core players...A coach to lead this group would need to have a distinct vision that will challenge these superbly skilled players to attempt something different...I don't see that with a coach who never even really improved the B team

ebc_99

I don't think we need to change that much. I still think the way we played at our best is the most effective way to play the game. Key to future success is to keep Messi happy, prolong Iniesta's prime, help Neymar reach his potential, bring through our best young talent and fix our defensive problems. I think that Luis Enrique can can achieve the first 4 points but it is up to Zubi to help him bring in top class defenders.

I really do think that even if we are the only team that does it, our style of play is worth sticking with. We don't need a radical overhaul except in defence, that is the key in my opinion. With a great defence we would be champions already and going for the treble right now.

As much as Zubi has become a bit of a joke on this board, he still loves the club and will want to be seen as a success himself. So I am sure they have thought long and hard about this and sounded out other options. And it may seem like the easy option but I do think we need to stick with our style as I think it will give us the best chance of success.

I also think tactics are not as important for us as with other clubs, I think motivation and fitness are more important factors. If we have a fully motivated squad at peak fitness with an improved defence then our style of play is more than good enough as it is.

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
CatRadio: Luis Enrique will have two of his staff with Barça. Puyol is not mentioned in the meeting.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I hope he's smart enough to never play Masch as a CB. Best would be if he didn't rate him at all and sold him.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
The club is making a great decision in going with Lucho. My main choice was Klopp but that wasn't realistic and Roberto Martinez would have been a very bold choice but I'm not sure if he knows or truly understands the politics that go with managing Barca the way Lucho will.

I felt like we were managed by an outsider who didn't really have a grasp on the club or it's philosophy all season under Tata.

I

instinct

Luis Enrique wants Barca board to give him full authority over team affairs [@OndaCero_es]

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
AS accuses Barca of secret alliance with Luis Enrique. They are saying we are doing a conspiracy against Madrid. (supposed claim: Madrid-Celta match settled by cash :lol: )

Bm57QToIIAAkDuC.jpg

Antimadridista1

I never wanted Simeone.

You have others realistic options like Arsene Wenger, Roberto Martinez, DeBoer… they are much better than Luis Enrique.

Home of Barca Fans