Luis Enrique

Gaudi

I hope he wins everything...one thing has to be said: he is the one that "rebuild" Barca and shrug off "Barca after Pep" period. All of the rest tried to mimic that era, Lucho has done what most of us fans wanted. We still play short passing game but mixing it with long passes, quick movement, deadly counters...very nice!

Der Kaiser

I hope he wins everything...one thing has to be said: he is the one that "rebuild" Barca and shrug off "Barca after Pep" period. All of the rest tried to mimic that era, Lucho has done what most of us fans wanted. We still play short passing game but mixing it with long passes, quick movement, deadly counters...very nice!

+1 the more direct style of play is a very nice change from the old "pass them to death, possession over everything etc" mantra we had the last few years. Wr still keep possession, but try to score more instead of keeping the ball to not conceide.

JackaL

+1 the more direct style of play is a very nice change from the old "pass them to death, possession over everything etc" mantra we had the last few years. Wr still keep possession, but try to score more instead of keeping the ball to not conceide.

The possession we had under Pep was actually at a time where we bossed everybody and it looked like training. That football was out of the Universe, opponents were almost trying to collaborate to find anything against it. Mou tried for years, RM brought Mou just because of that. That said, Pep understood that opponents were grasping the style, so he went for the 3-4-3, but it didn't work out. When you learn new things you have to unlearn old stuff, this is not easy with the same players you have (we only had Fabregas who was new).

Now, Lucho should deserve credit for breaking that paradigm - this can't be emphasized enough. It is one of the most difficult jobs to break old paradigms! We needed fresh blood, we have it with Neymar, Suarez, Bravo, Ter Stegen, Rakitic etc. Hope we can continue and be even better.

Gaudi

Only thing I wish is more long shots, we had plenty opportunities yesterday and I think at least some we should take. Even if you don't score you force defenders out as they need to worry about one more thing, they can just sit in the box waiting for our final pass.

BerkeleyBernie

Only thing I wish is more long shots, we had plenty opportunities yesterday and I think at least some we should take. Even if you don't score you force defenders out as they need to worry about one more thing, they can just sit in the box waiting for our final pass.

I was surprised when Rakitic didn't take one with a huge opening at the top of the box, and dumped it left to Neymar instead. I would have liked his chances.

dakt

I watch these trainings almost every day and haven't seen him so happy.
And the squad, full of joy and confidence.

F

Flavia

CEaps2vUgAEK5R2.jpg

Not a trophy, but a nice feat. If we get to the final, and Juve too, and we win, it'll be even better.

Kohe321

I'd love to see Messi and Lucho celebrate together like this. Perhaps they will some day soon? :)

[tw]596395403232284672[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans