Luis Enrique

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "Douglas' injury is sad news. Influence on Adriano exit? We've said before players can only leave if buyout fee is paid."

Luis Enrique: "Sergi Roberto can play at many positions. He showed again today he's an option at right back."

Luis Enrique: "The Brazilian players will join when we are back in Barcelona."

Luis Enrique: "I liked the team, we were able to overcome the first goal and turned the match. We were prepared for what was coming."

Luis Enrique: “the balance was positive. A lot of minutes played at a high level. The negative is the injury of Douglas.”

F

Flavia

I wish someone would ask him about Gumbau. I really want to know what Enrique sees on him.

mssarm

I wish someone would ask him about Gumbau. I really want to know what Enrique sees on him.
Maybe he sees nothing, he just wants to figure out if he's worth to keep around or maybe he sees great future for him, next world class player- who knows. LE is not guy who speaks his mind to media.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

As inexplicable as not playing Deulofeu last preseason, this time Samper suffers

Very strange

Who knows, but Lucho is the only one who can draw valid conclusions from the training sessions regarding Samper: Maybe he isn't that convincing there, maybe he has fitness problems (which for Lucho would be major a red flag), light injury etc.
Too bad no pundit asked him so far.

F

Flavia

Maybe he sees nothing, he just wants to figure out if he's worth to keep around or maybe he sees great future for him, next world class player- who knows. LE is not guy who speaks his mind to media.

I still wish someone asked. I watched gumbau a lot last season. I couldn't understand what he was doing with Barça B, let alone the 1st team. He really is a limited player, never showed anything to make me think he'd make it. Samper still has a lot to growing to do, but he is a much bigger talent. So it makes little sense gumbau is getting more minutes.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Who knows, but Lucho is the only one who can draw valid conclusions from the training sessions regarding Samper: Maybe he isn't that convincing there, maybe he has fitness problems (which for Lucho would be major a red flag), light injury etc.
Too bad no pundit asked him so far.

This is always a possibility and I remarked similarly last preseason when Deulofeu barely played...yet here we are with yet another prized & pursued talent and we're to believe it again?....possible but the probability decreases

As I mentioned before, we're seeing a shift in the club's philosophy but its being minimised due to the treble producing trident...Incredibly short sighted

Lucho clearly focused on results rather than developing the club's youth talent and we've already seen the club isn't focused on developing them properly within the cantera as seen with both the B team & how few Barça youth players are featuring for La Roja

silvia

It is true that Lucho can't care less about mes que un club philosophy. Plus Lamasia coaches.
Always thinking about loaning la masia and buying blurred old players for backup.
Lloyente? seriously? what about Gumbau in preseason?
This is not good. this is not good.
He must look into inside la masia players not outside old players. and watch every la masia games Feedback them also communicating with B team coach.
Treble is instant, so he should not toxicated to that.

Strategies should based on la masia players skills, if he knows how to use the best from them.

Okay, there was Messi, but remember Messi was born primarily because he is educated by the best barca coaches and who knows how to use him.
Lucho will not directing barca forever, Bartomeu political power is shit. Barca will go down like Milan if la masia stars retire.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
As much as i like lucho he really doesn't care much about developing youth players. At least it feels like that. He is much more pragmatic than i thought, pep has that barca philosophy instilled in him. It is hardly the case for lucho, he is just doing everything he can to get results. Maybe this season he will give chances to Sandro or Munir instead of signing another forward. Maybe Rafinha will get his chances and become a key part of the team. They are good enough to do that, they just need proper guidance.

serghei

Nah, the thing with Lucho is that he doesn't sugar-coat things. He won't take a youngster with the first team if he doesn't deserve it. The thing is that many people on this forum overrate our young players big time.

Home of Barca Fans