Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didn't he said, that he isn't so active anymore, since he coaching Barca?

Maybe, he has a full time job coaching Barca to makes sense, but he was in the mountains during his vacations not so long ago. He posted some photos.

Mido

[tw]623631149835923456[/tw]
Lucho is in better shape then some of our players :p

He is in amazing shape considering he's more than 45 years old.

I always believe that athletes can deliver top performances until they are 40 with the right lifestyle, training discipline and mindset. I know it's hard to compare both sports, but being quiet familiar with boxing, it's amazing to see nowaday top boxers maturing in their 40's . Bernard Hopkins, world champion at 49, Wladimir Klitschko is still at his physical peak and continues to mature mentally at 39 years old. Floyd Mayweather is 38 years old and is in tip to shape.

Football players just have to adjust their game as they get older. I am more than sure that Xavi could have , quite comfortably, kept the role Enrique has assigned him until 2018.

I don't want to speculate about something I have no idea of, but Iniesta's passion for wine is suspicious to me considering he has performed well under his potential for most of the 2014/2015 season. But it's all forgotten since his amazing performance in the CL final

Bran the Greenseer

He is in amazing shape considering he's more than 45 years old.

I always believe that athletes can deliver top performances until they are 40 with the right lifestyle, training discipline and mindset. I know it's hard to compare both sports, but being quiet familiar with boxing, it's amazing to see nowaday top boxers maturing in their 40's . Bernard Hopkins, world champion at 49, Wladimir Klitschko is still at his physical peak and continues to mature mentally at 39 years old. Floyd Mayweather is 38 years old and is in tip to shape.

Football players just have to adjust their game as they get older. I am more than sure that Xavi could have , quite comfortably, kept the role Enrique has assigned him until 2018.

I don't want to speculate about something I have no idea of, but Iniesta's passion for wine is suspicious to me considering he has performed well under his potential for most of the 2014/2015 season. But it's all forgotten since his amazing performance in the CL final

People stopped bitching about iniesta after the run against PSG, i've been saying it for a while now, he only turns it on for the big occasions now. Its not like he was ever a consistent player anyway. The only time you could consider Iniesta consistent is over the course of a knock out tourney like WC or Euros. Even back in the day he'd be injured half the time or just not be up to it. He's had like 2 seasons of consistency.

Zinedinho

People stopped bitching about iniesta after the run against PSG, i've been saying it for a while now, he only turns it on for the big occasions now. Its not like he was ever a consistent player anyway. The only time you could consider Iniesta consistent is over the course of a knock out tourney like WC or Euros. Even back in the day he'd be injured half the time or just not be up to it. He's had like 2 seasons of consistency.

I strongly disagree regarding Iniesta's consistency for most of his career.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cholo giving Lucho a run for his money

CKrxyvQVEAAoMBG.jpg

barcanuck

Two young coaches leading their teams by example. Players can't slack off in training when your coach is more fit than you.

xXKonan

CKy4T8gWEAAVMYl.jpg

L. Enrique: "I thought it was a good game and, despite the moment of the pre-season, with enough pace and good deeds"

L. Enrique: "Van Gaal is one of the best coaches I've had as a player. Can ManU win the treble? Of course, why not..."

xXKonan

Some more of his thoughts.

“Hitting the woodwork is part of the game. Today we have not been as clinical as usual. Aside from hitting the post, we created plenty of chances.”

“It was a shame that that the pitch was so dry. It hurt both teams.”

“Sergi Roberto at right back is another option. The more options we have the better. He looked good playing at full back.”

“Douglas didn’t play for fitness reasons. He ended the game the other day a little sore and we did not want to take risks.”

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...cle/luis-enrique-sees-the-positives-in-defeat

xXKonan

When it comes to Lucho I won't doubt him over his Decisions. I know their was a lot of Upset folks here that Gumbau played over Samper, I actually wonder what he thinks of Both of them. I seen samper play a bit for us on the Main team and I was impressed a bit. When it comes to Gumbau I really never seem much of him (I didn't watch a lot of Barca B this year) but on here and other sites the Verdict is he's Painfully average or even worse. I wonder if it's a case where Lucho sees some Potential in him despite his poor 2014/15 Season and he wanted to give him some play time?

Sterlingfan2000

Lucho is a Mystery , I am curious to know what he really thinks.I cant judge him when he talks to the press and his facial Expression doesnt give u a hint.

lol

Home of Barca Fans