Luis Suárez

Havesaks

And people said he was finished.

Will win the league with Atletico.

Just like David Villa.

David Villa was definitely right to be sold.

Suarez tho, considering we paid him anyway, was it half his salary?, and now is league topscorer, I really have my doubts if we should have given him away for free. We could easily use him, and reportedly he was okay with playing less.

I was also fan of selling him, but as we paid him anyway, and seeing him doing so well for ATM, I was probably wrong .

JamDav1982

David Villa was definitely right to be sold.

Suarez tho, considering we paid him anyway, was it half his salary?, and now is league topscorer, I really have my doubts if we should have given him away for free. We could easily use him, and reportedly he was okay with playing less.

I was also fan of selling him, but as we paid him anyway, and seeing him doing so well for ATM, I was probably wrong .

Not quite free and dont think Barca paid any salary in end.

Barca were not winning with him. If Atletico win league ahead of Real good on them.

Blackened

Suarez is still a beast. If he played for Man City or Bayern, he would score 40 a season. Even when he has lost pace and agility, he still has that killer instinct.

serghei

Lol, if we don't make top 4 with this squad Koeman should be sacked on the spot. Would be a tremendous underachievement. In terms of results, Atleitco and Madrid above us is logical and understandable, they have more cohesive teams, while we are rebuilding. Any other team except AM and RM finishing above us is unacceptable, let alone 2.

serghei

As for Suarez, Atletico Madrid are a perfect fit for older strikers who still have scoring instinct. Suarez is a perfect upgrade for Diego Costa.

xXKonan

You have some of the Catalan/Spanish reporters are doing the Suarez has as many goals as Martin, Dembele,Griez, Coutinho have.

Am I the only one that doesn't really give a shit? we need a new number 9 but these guys really have their heads in the sand when it comes to Suarez outside his goals. The dude was just awful most of the time on and off the ball most of the time, the only thing that was saving this guy was his goals in the league.

serghei

You have some of the Catalan/Spanish reporters are doing the Suarez has as many goals as Martin, Dembele,Griez, Coutinho have.

Am I the only one that doesn't really give a shit? we need a new number 9 but these guys really have their heads in the sand when it comes to Suarez outside his goals. The dude was just awful most of the time on and off the ball most of the time, the only thing that was saving this guy was his goals in the league.

They are idiots. This is what they did for years of CL humiliations. Pretended that scoring vs small teams is enough for a team like Barcelona. It's not. I'm glad the club finally moved on.

Morten

Its called unrealistic standards, especially in todays market.
Suarez provides goals and assists, btw, if it was so easy then everybody would be doing it.

JamDav1982

Its called unrealistic standards, especially in todays market.
Suarez provides goals and assists, btw, if it was so easy then everybody would be doing it.

He does provide goals/assists.

So too did a 36 yr old Cazorla with one leg but you cant be having him in a top side expecting to compete when have others that dont have legs anymore either.

FinBarcelonafan

Suarez is useful Vs teams who park the bus. If not, he is useless. He is shit in counters.

Suarez is suited for LaLiga. Most of the teams will sit back Vs Barca, Atletico and Real, but in CL we will get attacked.. and that's when you need quick counter. Suarez is too slow for that.

Suarez has his role but he shouldn't start any big game.

He was liability in big games, especially with Messi. No movement from top two. That's a big negative.

Home of Barca Fans