Malcom

George_Costanza

I just critizited it.

Btw im aware i owe you an answer in valverde thread, if you still want to see the light of wisdom

every manager you can critize for something, but this or the other things dont outweight the positives valverde has brought.

What positive? Did you really watch the game? Half of the people in the chat room took a nap including me. Those boring matches tend to be utterly forgettable. In 10 years time, I don't think any of us will remember a single game under Valverde and that's terrible considering we have the best player in the history of football.

Valverde brought some of the dullest games I've ever experienced.

Havesaks

What positive? Did you really watch the game? Half of the people in the chat room took a nap including me. Those boring matches tend to be utterly forgettable. In 10 years time, I don't think any of us will remember a single game under Valverde and that's terrible considering we have the best player in the history of football.

Valverde brought some of the dullest games I've ever experienced.

Don't know about you, but roma second leg i won't forget for the next 10 years.

Arizona Scott

He is in line for 4 of the major 6 trophies in a 2 year period, with a possibility of 5/6. I would do some things different than he does but so far with the exception of 1 match the results are pretty good. I mean Enrique only had one CL (and Real got better than his under his watch), and the guys/years between Pep and LE zero.

So i would say at least get through the end of this season for any judgment.

Havesaks

He is in line for 4 of the major 6 trophies in a 2 year period, with a possibility of 5/6. I would do some things different than he does but so far with the exception of 1 match the results are pretty good. I mean Enrique only had one CL (and Real got better than his under his watch), and the guys/years between Pep and LE zero.

So i would say at least get through the end of this season for any judgment.

true shit. Noone expected us to win Chl anyway. Malcom, Alena and maybe a bit Coutinho are only downsides + a bit boring style. On the upside: titles, and for young players: Semedo, Arthur, Lenglet. Oldies: Pique, Alba, Messi.

Arizona Scott

true shit. Noone expected us to win Chl anyway. Malcom, Alena and maybe a bit Coutinho are only downsides + a bit boring style. On the upside: titles, and for young players: Semedo, Arthur, Lenglet. Oldies: Pique, Alba, Messi.

I think we are the co-favs for the CL with City, with Pool close behind. Thought this early in the season, still do. City does have a much tougher guantlet--tight EPL race, trying for 4 trophies, and a much more complete team to play in the quarters.

Havesaks

I think we are the co-favs for the CL with City, with Pool close behind. Thought this early in the season, still do. City does have a much tougher guantlet--tight EPL race, trying for 4 trophies, and a much more complete team to play in the quarters.

well yes, i consider all juve, city, barca and liverpool to be favourites and worthy winners (as it is for now). What i ment, while we werent favourites last year, we are in pole of favourites this year. Tbh i think it will be messi vs ronaldo in the finale. Would be a great match.

Porque

Hopefully he features more in the season close (hey, said the same after the Madrid game).

He has contributed to a goal or assist every 140 minutes, so a decisive action every 1.5 games. Small sample size, but something we should of used more and can work on. Not to forget he missed 2 one-on-ones.

Espanyol gave him a ton of space but two things stood out for me yesterday. Firstly he looked very confident which could perhaps be because he got just over 30 minutes compared to the usual shitcan minutes. The second is that he looked really fit, sharper than he looked in the first half of the season. Seems he has been drinking his milk and eating his vegetables "brotha!".

BTW, this is quite interesting. I was researching player value indicators to prove something to that PSG guy a while back, until I ultimately decided he was a troll and blocked him (best decision ever).

This is the Soccerex 20 most valuable players under-21 for the season 2018/2019. Check who was positioned at number 5.

Link here: http://mysoccerex.com/Soccerex_20U21_PrimeTimeSport_2018_Final_Version.pdf

Last edited:

PhilS

Well, more and more he looking like he has a roll on this team. The team needs aggression, speed, fresh legs to come in late off the bench Check, check, check. Hope to see him late in most games for the run-in.

xXKonan

I get it's hard to develop two 21-year-old Wingers due to the presence of guys like Suarez and Messi, as there's only one spot open but it is frustrating the way Malcom has been handled this season.

He's our only other real Winger we have to go along with Dembele. Messi? Doesn't really want to stay out wide as he use to and Coutinho is to slow and not suited to be a winger in this system. Can't be relying so much on Fullbacks to create the majority of the width. Even guys like Alba, Semedo and Bob need help as well if Dembele is out.

Donatello

He should be fighting with Dembele for LW, not Coutinho. (Possibly as a sub, and as a starter when Dembele needs rest. He can also fill in for Messi, when he is rested, giving him more game time.)

Coutinho should either move to midfield or leave.

Home of Barca Fans