Malcom

Laplacian

Not really, you think? he was always drifting into he middle like Messi does it. He was too good to be just a winger in that sense. I wouldn't call him a true winger with the likes of Sane, Malcom, Navas, Pedro, willian etc. In many ways he influences the game like Messi does.

He also stayed wide and constantly stretched our width. Made runs behind the defense too. Cutting inside like Messi or going wide for a cross were a part of his game. He was pretty much a complete winger, more so than the guys you mentioned...

kilian

He has a tendency to disappear in games. Stamina ain't great.

I`m not sure it`s bad stamina. He makes many runs and is playing at a high speed. It`s normal for a player who is playing like that to take a breather from time to time to recuperate.
No matter how fit you are, your body needs to recover from high intensity bursts or else you`ll bonk and be useless.

Havesaks

I`m not sure it`s bad stamina. He makes many runs and is playing at a high speed. It`s normal for a player who is playing like that to take a breather from time to time to recuperate.
No matter how fit you are, your body needs to recover from high intensity bursts or else you`ll bonk and be useless.

He also stayed wide and constantly stretched our width. Made runs behind the defense too. Cutting inside like Messi or going wide for a cross were a part of his game. He was pretty much a complete winger, more so than the guys you mentioned...

In the start he maybe was a true winger, but last two seasons he was drifting more and more into the middle. I think it started back when messi was out for 2-3 months in autumn 2015? And neymar took over as the leading player influencing the whole game and making the whole world stunned and winning a third place in the b'dor in the process. After that Messi came back as the "whole game"-influencer. In my eyes that was the starting point of the player he is today, and also the starting point of when he realized that he couldn't out fold his full potential here, because there wasn't enough place for both of them. Also, thats why many thought we would be better off without Neymar, he was too good to just be a normal winger, and he knew it, and wanted more influence but that made our team crack since our attack got to messy and unorganized with two 10´s. Well, anyway - all in all, i wouldn't call Neymars Barca stint as true winger, his most dominant years and last years, he was a messi-like player.
(off-topic, but i always wished that he could have just stayed playing on the wing, and being fine only being number 2 here, and taking the torch when Messi found it reasonable to step down, if thats how it would have been, i think neymar by now would have been our number 1 and winning b'dors but yeah who knows) Edit: And our chl-record would have been way better. edit2: Messi would have won 2-3 more or so, and nobody would have had a problem that Neymar would win 'em now.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Shows that he is surprisingly reliable even with so few minutes. It really makes you wonder if we are better off with selling Coutinho and keeping him instead.
I hope both get a fair amount of playing time in the league now during the end, so we can make the best decision in the summer.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Great work. But got scolded by Messi and Suarez on a few occasions.
Want to see him play together with Dembele.

He did play very well in moments, in others he lacked intensity or ambition/directness - unless of course he was merely doing as he was told because he drifted out of the match and rarely looked to beat his man and instead Rakitic'd it backwards

The Messi/Suarez scoldings reflect his lack of continuity and minutes more than anything IMHO. On the one where he should've square the ball back to Messi rather than shoot is Messi 101 rules for a wide player. Of course, I liked that he had the confidence to take the shot - eventhough the higher percentage play there was indeed to give it back to Leo

I'm still a bit in disbelief that with his acceleration we couldn't take more advantage of the high line - mostly because Valverde couldn't organize the back 7 to escape the very physical pressure from Villarreal. Especially since they had so much joy early and then couldn't adjust until very late in the match - I mean, what was the thinking from Valverde? I really hated seeing the poor offensive tactics, again

Raketa10

I really like the way he plays when he comes of the bench! It's nice to have him in the squad, hope he gets more minutes!

Givenchy

nice outing for Malcom, also great he was on the pitch when we won the liga

I think hes slowly gaining EVs trust. Valverde seems to be weird when it comes to trusting players but if he stays this summer i think Malcom will get his fair run next year

Home of Barca Fans