Malcom

BBZ8800

I feel he is the perfect substitute player.

Agree.
He seems nice when he enters fresh in the last 20-30 minutes.
He has even more advantage over (tired) defenders that way.

Till now, he usually wasn't too consistent when he played as a starter.

A first attacking sub is his best position currently.

Calidad

Agree.
He seems nice when he enters fresh in the last 20-30 minutes.
He has even more advantage over (tired) defenders that way.

Till now, he usually wasn't too consistent when he played as a starter.

A first attacking sub is his best position currently.

You don’t half talk some rubbish. He’s started about a grand total of 4 games. He’s probably been MOTM in 2 of those.

In short, I have absolutely no idea how you or anyone could claim he’s shown inconsistency (or indeed consistency) as a starter over a ridiculously tiny sample.

serghei

40m. for a solid squad player who can impact games when he plays is fine for me. I'd have no issues keeping him. I don't think he is starter material when everyone is fit, nor can he be anytime soon.

So, it's up to him. He can leave if he wants to play more, or he can embrace this role, like so many other players did playing in the best teams while fully knowing they are not the first pick. Of course, the manager has to stop being a prick and sub him in constantly and give him starts against the lesser teams. If he can score and assist vs Villareal, I think it's pretty clear he can beast it vs Valladolid, Huesca, and Levante.

Last edited:

Havesaks

You don’t half talk some rubbish. He’s started about a grand total of 4 games. He’s probably been MOTM in 2 of those.

In short, I have absolutely no idea how you or anyone could claim he’s shown inconsistency (or indeed consistency) as a starter over a ridiculously tiny sample.

Always have the impression that every game he has started he starts good, and for every minute gets a bit worse. And after 60m he isn't really present at all.

Alik

Always have the impression that every game he has started he starts good, and for every minute gets a bit worse. And after 60m he isn't really present at all.

That may be so. Being a starter does not mean playing 90 mins necessarily.

Havesaks

That may be so. Being a starter does not mean playing 90 mins necessarily.

Well normally a starter should be able to put good 60 min together, and malcom doesn't. Coutinho has been better as a starter, and should play as it is now. Making Malcom a good impact-sub for Chl and cdr. Also Coutinho plays bad as a sub for me, always needs time to get into the match.

gregorrin10

Completely changed the look of our attack again after coming on. Even though Coutinho is slowly improving (or at least looking like he's trying), I would still play Malcom on Wednesday, if Dembele isn't ready to start. Malcom just adds that much needed agility and explosiveness, which is even more important when Dembele's not playing. Just imagine both Malcom and Dembele wreaking havoc on either wing, if we'll ever live to see it under EV. :w000t:

jairzinho

Love this kid. Brought alot of energy to the attack when he came on and helped stretch the play with his speed in behind. Even with Alba and Bob pushing up we were too narrow at times. Malcolm coming on opened up spaces for Messi and Suarez in the middle. Shows how much a genuine winger can create space.

Zidane82

Completely changed the look of our attack again after coming on. Even though Coutinho is slowly improving (or at least looking like he's trying), I would still play Malcom on Wednesday, if Dembele isn't ready to start. Malcom just adds that much needed agility and explosiveness, which is even more important when Dembele's not playing. Just imagine both Malcom and Dembele wreaking havoc on either wing, if we'll ever live to see it under EV. :w000t:

I’d love to see Dembele and Malcom on opposite wings either side of Messi ..

Home of Barca Fans