Man of the Match 13/14 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
1. Busquets
2. Pique (yeah really, Pique. Never thought I'd nominate him for a podium spot ever again...)
3. Alexis

Sallou

Oh you guys. I'm thrilled Leo scored. His goal was amazing and some of his runs and passes were stellar. The final ball to him was frustratingly poor. But he didn't really get going until the last 20 minutes. to say he was MotM. o_O

1. Busquets
2. Neymar
3. Xavi

Special Mentions: Leo and Pique

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Messi
Neymar
Busquets

Honorable mentions: Pique and Mascherano

Fabregas did well in the 15 minutes he was on too, should have started and probably would have been one of our most dangerous players.

F

Flavia

Oh you guys. I'm thrilled Leo scored. His goal was amazing and some of his runs and passes were stellar. The final ball to him was frustratingly poor. But he didn't really get going until the last 20 minutes. to say he was MotM. o_O

1. Busquets
2. Neymar
3. Xavi

Special Mentions: Leo and Pique

Man of the match is related to the players who made the difference in winning, mostly(or securing the win, as VV has done many times). So without his 2 goals, no win for Barça, making Messi easily the MOTM.

Sallou

Man of the match is related to the players who made the difference in winning, mostly(or securing the win, as VV has done many times). So without his 2 goals, no win for Barça, making Messi easily the MOTM.

I guess we just differ on that. I think it's a combination of both this and who had the best performance/influence in the game (which is making a difference. Goalscoring isn't the only indicater of how crucial someone was to a game.) Also, his second goal was when we were already winning, and his first was via penalty which he did not win. Without Neymar we wouldn't have got that goal.

i adore leo, but i think many here are quick to give him MOTM sometimes. He was nowhere near the best player on the pitch.

So without his 2 goals, no win for Barça

You can just as easily say, without someones complete dictation of play, no win. Without someones creation of others' goals, no win etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans