Man of the Match 13/14 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

1. Valdes- no question, MOTM. Crucial saves; if one mistake, game over.
2. Xavi- near flawless. Untouchable. Knows exactly how much pressure is on him, and always releases the ball perfectly onto a teammate's foot. No other player come close.
(also loved his control in the box, pulling a ball out of the air and nearly set up a goal)
3. Pedro - set up the best chance in the game by drawing a foul.

HM: Alves, for outgaming Atletico and drawing the red card on Felipe Luis :lol: (who was clearly trying to game Messi all night).
Iniesta was calm and cool, didn't really have enough time to work up a head of steam.

Barça players REALLY need to take shots sometimes inside the box instead of looking for that final 1-2 pass.

abual3bed1

Valdes - Abother top performance. Hopefully he'll keep it up.
Pique - Very solid, very very solid display. Had to cover big spaces and pressurized very well. It was nice seeing him like that.
Busquets - Mr.Brains. What a player.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
1. Victor Valdes - I am not a fan, usually quite negative about Valdes tbh. But today, he really saved our weak defensive asses
2. Busquets - Really shows why he is one of my favourite players! Perfect passing, always available for a 1-2 and had Xavi-esque positioning
3. Xavi - Did not create huge chances, but great passing and shows he has eyes in the back of his head with his great positioning every time he receives the ball

HM: Mascherano defensively very good, but misplaced too many passes during the match...

rixxer

1. Valdes- crucial and excellent saves.
2. Alves- ran back as there is no tomorrow, clearly got some harsh words afet the first supercopa game
3. Cesc- although a bit invisible, still offered some nice link up, determined to reach the box.
Mention- Iniesta, we were much better after he entered the pitch. Neymar- bad game offensevly, but worked his socks off tracking back and won several balls this way. Otherwise, I think he failed mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans