Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawanme10

1. Adriano - I knew it when he was rested against Cordoba he'd come in against Atletico. That goal was the moment of genius, the inspiration, the clutch required to shift to another gear and BAM! Atletico could not keep up.
2. Busquets - Superb performance overall. Although the build up to his goal was scrappy, he showed that moment of Barça class by composing himself, taking aim and shooting into the roof of the net.
3. Lionel Messi - Below par for most of the match, misplacing passes and miscuing touches. Was partly at fault for their only goal too. But, he was given 2 chances and he dispatched them with ease. Can there be a Barça match without Lionel Messi scoring a goal?

Special mentions-
Andres Iniesta - terrorized their defense. Gliding like a hover craft which can turn, twist and destroy their defense without much effort.
Puyol- Kept Falcao at bay. Lion hearted defending at times.

It was funny in the second half, it must be a nightmare to other teams when Barça take the lead and just want to play keep-ball. :D

Trickykid

Holy crap, 40 voters! That'll take a while to count. The recap probably won't be up until sometime tomorrow anyhow.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Ach, I'm busy as hell over the next few days too, so I doubt I'll get around to updating the thread before sometime tuesday or friday.

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
La Liga, Atletico Madrid, home (4-1)

1. Adriano (43,1%) Phenomenal goal and right when barca needed it. he also looked good on defense when having to make some last ditch tackles/interceptions ~ Iniesta123
2. Busquets (32,8%) the composure, the calm the zen of this guy is unmatched. He has the crowd on mute with 10 bodies in the box, he fakes the shot, takes the shot for the top corner winner ~ barcanuck
3. Messi (11,9%) Had a quiet night, but gets a podium for scoring another 2 goals and easing what I thought was going to be a nervy second half ~ aki13

I'm sorry folks, but due to being hideously busy these days, I'll do another short one. 41 voters btw. New record by quite a margin. :worthy:

9ghssj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans