Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

Great team performance. Only wish Alves was more of a threat in the final third. He's good on the build-up with 1-2s, but puts up mostly bad crosses, and isn't a threat to penetrate like Alba.

Not sure why the Don is getting in the top three here- good performance like everyone else, but not a special game from him.

1. Busquets - near flawless performance today.
2. Pedro - not surprisingly, much better when he isn't isolated and has players to partner with. Great finish on Busquet's throughball.
3. Alba - really playing two positions- wide forward and left back, and excellent at both. Few in the world, if any, can do what he did today.

Runnerups:
Cesc- influential in the first half attack
Xavi- like Busquets, near flawless performance in his usual role, protecting and distributing.
Messi - not always successful, but many attempted key passes to keep Espanyol on their heels the entire game.
Thiago - Xavi 2.0. He plays with a bit more risk than Xavi, but has the skill to do it. When he masters his game, watch out!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Great team performance. Only wish Alves was more of a threat in the final third. He's good on the build-up with 1-2s, but puts up mostly bad crosses, and isn't a threat to penetrate like Alba.

Not sure why the Don is getting in the top three here- good performance like everyone else, but not a special game from him.

1. Busquets - near flawless performance today.
2. Pedro - not surprisingly, much better when he isn't isolated and has players to partner with. Great finish on Busquet's throughball.
3. Alba - really playing two positions- wide forward and left back, and excellent at both. Few in the world, if any, can do what he did today.

Runnerups:
Cesc- influential in the first half attack
Xavi- like Busquets, near flawless performance in his usual role, protecting and distributing.
Messi - not always successful, but many attempted key passes to keep Espanyol on their heels the entire game.
Thiago - Xavi 2.0. He plays with a bit more risk than Xavi, but has the skill to do it. When he masters his game, watch out!

The reason I put him there was for the assist for the first goal, his positioning and that he participated as much as he did. He did well in defence too, and could have scored a brace. Xavi, Fabregas and Alba were all close, but I hold his and Busquet's performances higher. Alba, for example, didn't participate that much in key situations.

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
La Liga, Espanyol, home (4-0)

1. Pedro (35,1%) Not surprisingly, much better when he isn't isolated and has players to partner with. Great finish on Busquet's throughball ~ BerkeleyBernie
2. Busquets (29%) Controlled the midfield sublimely, completely dictating proceedings in the center of the park ~ Semi-Neutral
3. Iniesta (24,7%) Created havoc on the left side, always involved in the build up and beauty of a pass to setup Xavi's opener ~ barcanuck

2rxfocw.jpg

Work is absolutely killing me these days, so unless I suddenly get some sort of divine insipration or spurt of energy, the recaps will keep on being this barebone and boring for the foreseeable future. Sorry about that. I hope you guys will keep on voting though.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Your updated are always appreciated Tricky. :beer2:
This was one of those rare games when Messi wasn't even in top 3 but I am glad that Pedro and Busquets excelled after having a bumpy autumn. We'll need more players to step up by spring and final phases of CL.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yes, you're doing a great job!

Let's hope Pedro keeps having performances like these, and that Iniesta and Busi keep bossing it like they have throughout. Expect Messi to be in the top 3 during his next game however.

E

El Messiah 10

Barca-Cordoba

1 - Villa
2 - Thiago A.
3 - Sanchez

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans