Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

1. Thiago - top form today! Setup more chances than the bachelor. Good to see him open up his scoring account!

2. Villa - the Austurian is the second best finisher on this team for a reason, absolutely clinical goals he scored.

3. Sanchez - Still frustrating, fell over numerous times including after rounding the keeper. Great for him to get a couple of goals to break the long goal drought though!

Trickykid

Thiago
Song
Alexis (yeah, I know. But he was so involved that I just can't help including him. Should've scored twice as many goals)

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
1. Thiago - Great on the pitch and really showed he has the potential to succeed Xavi as midfield maestro
2. Villa - Picking up some form, albeit against a weaker opponents. Deserved the nr2 spot because of that audacious chip, loved it!
3. Alexis - Shows he really wants to succeed at Barca, but keeps having bad luck. I really believe he can become a success here, if he keeps it up like he did yesterday.

Irish_Cules

1. Thiago - Controlled the whole game with confidence and flair
2. Villa - Looked lively and both of his goals were pure quality
3. Alexis - A couple of comical moments but he worked really hard and got himself two goals

aki13

1.Thiago - Was an inspiration. He stepped up and controlled the game, he showed elements of Xavi and Iniesta. A goal too.

2. Villa - Would have won my vote, but for Thiago's brilliance. 2 great goals and some skill for the first.

3. Sanchez - Had a real struggle throughout, but worked hard, created lots and just gave it 100% (And entertained me know end for good and bad reasons)

Other mentions:
Song - Ithought he looked calmer and more at home today. Good effort

BerkeleyBernie

Thiago - Xavi 2.0 right at home
Villa - should have nailed the hat trick, but first 2 goals were clinical
Cesc - with Thiago (and Roberto), the midfield engine of Barça hummed right along

Honorable mention:
Sergi Roberto- controlled the game with Thiago and Cesc. Barça's game went to shit with Cesc and Roberto both off the field- a better side than Cordoba would have scored.

Wasters Club:
Alves and Sanchez - the right side lacked intelligence in the final third. Give Sanchez credit for getting into good positions, but as Pep once told him, "¡Usá la cabeza!"

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
Copa del Rey, Cordoba, home (5-0)

1. Thiago (50,7%) Was an inspiration. He stepped up and controlled the game, he showed elements of Xavi and Iniesta. A goal too ~ aki13
2. Villa (30,2%) 2 finishes like a boss. 1st one was excellent with an Iniesta then a finish to match ~ abual3bed1
3. Mascherano (7,6%) ...he played very well - complete with timely interceptions, surging runs forward and passes to initiate attacks ~ FCBarca

28wjejs.jpg

Points awarded per game on average:
(Edit: Finally fixed the sorting problem. Yay!)
2sbqxk6.jpg

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Great work, loving the second graph. Shows way better how consistently one performs against one who has higher/more peaks. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans