Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

Valdes - his late game diving saves were out of this world, saved us a point today.

Messi - was sleeping a bit today like the rest of the team but still had some fantastic passes and a rifle of a penal to level us.

Iniesta - played well today all over the pitch, really began controlling the game when he came back into midfield.

Jelboo

Valdes - like him or not, we're going to miss this guy. Incredible saves at the end that secured the draw and prevented worse
Alba - energetic, fast and enthusiastic
Messi - secured a point and looked eager to pass with deadly accuracy, sadly he did not get any assist for all his amazing work

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Apart from Valdes no player really shined that much, the whole team looked tired, especially Xavi (who still had a decent game).

Valdes - saved the day against a very good Valencia
Alves - pretty solid in defense (don't blame him for the goal as he did the right thing) and should've had an assist for Villa
Messi - a bit anonymous but did make some decent passes, also one great one to Cesc, as well as smashing in a perfect penalty

Honorable mentions: Alba (good defending), Busquets (first half), Xavi, Pedro (winning the pen, albeit it was mostly Pereiras stupidity)

Valdes - like him or not, we're going to miss this guy. Incredible saves at the end that secured the draw and prevented worse
Alba - energetic, fast and enthusiastic
Messi - secured a point and looked eager to pass with deadly accuracy, sadly he did not get any assist for all his amazing work

Doubt it. I'm afraid he's just too inconsistent. Great game from him though, no doubt.

aki13

1. Alba - Thought he was class today. He attacked, he Defended, he worked hard, he showed skill and knowledge. I think thats enough to warrant a first place.
2. Valdes- What a game. He saved us at the end to remind us how difficult it will be to find a replacement.
3. Messi- Despite what some said, I thought he was miles better than last game, and his passing should have led to 2 or 3 goals. He scored a great Penalty and worked harder than in recent games. He closed at times and made runs. Its just no one looked to be able to find him with passes at the right times.

Me55i D105

Messi For the great passes and penalty which saved at least one point
Valdes Great saves
Alba His work effort and big contribution to the attack and defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans