Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aki13

1. Iniesta - He was a Don. Simple as that.
2. Messi - Great performance to match the one against Sweden.
3. song - Finally looked like a Barca player

barcanuck

1. Iniesta - back in midfield like a boss, involved in tons of actions. Opened up the game with his visionary pass to Alexis and scored one himself later. Flawless.

2. Alexis - not much to critique on electrical Sanchez today. Should start all noon games. Tidy finish and could of had a couple of assists if his mates finished better.

3. Song - imposed his strength on the midfield, broke up countless plays and was perfect with his distribution.

Damn lol everyone played well. Adriano was great defensively, Alves had a good 45 mins. Alba got an assist and played well until that mistake. Pique and Puyol were rocks at the back. Song probably had his best game of the season. Thiago filled in well for Xavi and got 2 assists. Messi got a goal and an assist. Villa scored. Tello scored. Even Sanchez scored and had a good game overall.
The only players that weren't amazing were Mascherano and Valdes (simply because they didn't have anything to do).
Iniesta was MOTM for sure though.
I'd go with:

Iniesta
Thiago
Messi

Last edited:

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
La Liga, Getafe, home (6-1)

1. Iniesta (56,2%) A fantastic assist for the first goal, a key pass for the second, several other dangerous passes and some sublime touches. He provided the inspiration today. ~ Deco 20
2. Messi (16,1%) If he was more lucky could have easily had a hat trick, but still took his goal nicely and had a good assist for my boy Tello, also heavily involved in Iniesta's goal ~ Semi-Neutral
3. Song (13,4%) He made me forget Busi for a brief moment, you can't get a praise higher than that. ~ Yannick03

2s85stx.jpg

2daa81s.jpg

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Second graph is epic! Really shows how amazing Iniesta has been this season :)

Btw, Song was good to some people here? Wasn't expecting a top3 spot for him!

Trickykid

Glad you like it :) And yeah, it depicts his level pretty well, as he's now edging closer and closer to Messi. I'm really surprised that Villa is number three though. I wonder if he is perhaps getting some sympathy votes once in a while from his more, how shall we put it... devout fans on the forum?

About Song, I didn't have him in my top 3 either, but he was most definately a candidate. I think it's well deserved.

J

jiopi

It isn't any more telling than the first chart, because it favors playing less, which is worse overall.

Trickykid

It isn't any more telling than the first chart, because it favors playing less, which is worse overall.

Seeing Villa in third spot actually made me think if the point you made the other day. I'll try to make a third chart the way you proposed, just to see if there's a noticable difference. Keep in mind I'm a useless fool when it comes to math and especially Excel, so it'll probably be a while before I get it right. Stay tuned...

footyfan

Calma, calma
It just reflects that Iniesta is in the form of his life while Messi is not. One of the main reasons that people don't vote for a specific player is that they didn't play to their full potential. And some votes are purely based on what's happening on the forum at that current time. I remember, for one of the matches, Valdes getting a high no. of votes for making 1 save.

Trickykid

It just reflects that Iniesta is in the form of his life while Messi is not. One of the main reasons that people don't vote for a specific player is that they didn't play to their full potential. And some votes are purely based on what's happening on the forum at that current time. I remember, for one of the matches, Valdes getting a high no. of votes for making 1 save.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with that. If I recall correctly, he did a 1on1 save late in the match, after which we scored the winner, right? In my book that should count just as much as if an outfield player scored a winner, and thus getting the MotM.

Trickykid

Anyhoo, without further ado, I present you with the Jiopi Index:

w12rgm.jpg

Considering how extremely lopsided it looks, I'm not sure I've created the intended formula, but I did as suggested: overall points received * (overall points / playtime) / 2.
Messi and Iniesta have absolutely sky rocketed, while Villa has moved down a spot being surpassed by Xavi. The rest hasn't changed all that much. It's more or less a complete blur after Messi and Iniesta, as they're so much higher rated than the rest of the squad. If I down the values for the y-axis in order to get a better look at the lower ranked players, the two leaders just blow the scale disappearing out of sight.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Its amazing how low Mascherano is, im pretty sure if there was a similair thread last year he would have been number 3 behind Messi and Busquets.
It also reflects what is happening at the moment, Messi is being Messi and Iniesta has increased is form a lot the last few months.
Also thought Jordi Alba would be higher, he usually performs very well imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans