Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

OK, here we go.
As I proposed doing in the suggestions-thread, I'll start The Official Barcaboard.com MoM-thread award.
It's nothing fancy really, I'm just adding all of our votes from each match and listing the 3 best players. At the end of the season The Official Barcaboard.com MoM-thread Player of the Year will be announced.

To make my labour a bit easier, I would appreciate if you'd all just write your 3 (no more, no less) favorite players from the match under eachother in the order you felt they were best. I will skip any MoM-suggestion that isn't formated that way.

Example:

Messi
Xavi
Iniesta

1. place gets 5 points
2. place gets 3 points
3. place gets 1 point

Votes will be counted at the earliest 24 hours after kickoff. Any votes after that deadline won't be counted.
I'd love to hear any suggestions you guys may have, if you feel like something needs to be changed.

I have accumulated the votes from the two first matches of the season, and it goes something like this:

La Liga matchday 1, Real Sociedad, home

1. Messi (50,1%) messi is awesome. there's nothing else to say ~ Kixer
2. Tello (34,4%) 2 assist and a good game in general ~ Deco 20
3. Xavi (9,8%) dominated the midfield like only he can, scored the goal ~ Ursegor

Supercup 1. leg, Real Madrid, home

1. Iniesta (43,8%) doesn't look like he is even moving his body much but like a ghost walking through walls, he just passes through defenders. All Hail, The Pale Knight ~ putogusiluz8
2. Pique (37,6%) he was the true piquenbauer in this match ~ xaviniesta
3. Xavi (11,2%) bosses the midfield and scores in his 32nd Clasico! ~ Bojan

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Pedro
Messi
Xavi

Messi for the two goals, Pedro and Xavi for changing the game. The others were poor

aki13

v Osasuna

1. Messi (just for the fact he won us the game when we didnt look able to score.)
2. Pedro (Worked hard and changed the tempo of our game)
3. Xavi (Is a boss)

Trickykid

The Official Barcaboard.com MoM-thread award
La Liga matchday 2, Osasuna, away

1. Messi (51,2%) Was :shit: but still scores 2 goals, legend ~ Henry_IB
2. Valdés (19,2%) what a game. showed amazing mental strenght and made some crucial saves ~ xaviniesta
3. Pedro (14,4%) He's definitely back! ~ Flavia

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

great job Trickykid!

i remember somebody made this in 08/09 season too and if i remember correctly :iniesta: won this back then. this year there will be no contest unfortunately because of the amount of messi
fanboys here in recent times.

after 3 games it's:

1) messi -10pts
2) iniesta - 5pts
3) Pique - 3pts
4) Tello - 3pts
5) Valdes - 3pts
6) Xavi - 2pts
7) Pedro - 1pt

btw shouldnt it be more reasonable to have 3, 2 and 1 point(s)? xavi has now two 3rd places and pique one 2nd place and still leading xavi.

Last edited:

Trickykid

great job Trickykid!

i remember somebody made this in 08/09 season too and if i remember correctly :iniesta: won this back then. this year there will be no contest unfortunately because of the amount of messi
fanboys here in recent times.

after 3 games it's:

1) messi -10pts
2) iniesta - 5pts
3) Pique - 3pts
4) Tello - 3pts
5) Valdes - 3pts
6) Xavi - 2pts
7) Pedro - 1pt

btw shouldnt it be more reasonable to have 3, 2 and 1 point(s)? xavi has now two 3rd places and pique one 2nd place and still leading xavi.

Thanks man, much appreciated!

About the points, I don't think I made it very clear, but I only use the 5, 3 and 1 points-system in order to calculate the MoM of each match.
I actually haven't even thought a whole lot about how to calculate the player of the season award, but yeah, it does seem logical to use a 3,2,1 points system for that. At least that would give an indication of stability rather than more erratic MoM performances once in a while.

Oh and yeah, you're completely right that it probably won't be very exciting who'll win, but hey, at least the runners up will be more of a contest.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Even if you use 3,2,1 points - a suggestion is for you to use some other form of grading for matches as well because not all matches are equal in difficulty/importance.

Example - If Tello is MoM in two 1st round Copa Del Rey games while Iniesta is MoM in CL semifinal 2nd leg and final, they both would have the same points from these contributions.

X

xaviniesta

but where would you draw the line? that sounds logic but its would be very hard done i guess.

Trickykid

I like the idea, but yeah, how should we grade each match? I mean, we would end up with a whole bunch of different multipliers for various types of matches. Besides, a MoM or two in random cup matches shouldn't do much of a difference over the course of a bloody long season.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yup I knew the difficulty in grading matches, which is why I didnt initially want to put forth the idea. But then I decided to post anyway so that maybe somebody else can come up with something.

My suggestion is to let each league game be the same grade. CL matches until Round of 16 can be the same grade as league matches. Then progressively increase the grade. But still this is not good enough, since it doesnt take into account difficulty of opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans