Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
La Liga, Real Madrid, home (2-2)

1. Messi (50,2%) 2 Goals, Brilliant FK and some brilliant passes and movement. Also 2 near assists ~ aki13
2. Busquets (25,5%) Played an immense 1st half and a very solid 2nd. He portays calmness on when having the ball, which is crucial for a team. Superb performance ~ CF4 1899
3. Alba (12,1%) very solid in defense, dangerous in attack. almost won every 1on1 duel with Di Maria. what an excellent match by Jordi ~ abual3bed1

When we needed it the most, and some greasy haired self proclaimed greek god tried to nick the show... Messi happened. With 2 goals and a superb showing against his favorite prey, Los Merengues, more than 50% of the votes ended up in favour of Leo, which naturally is more than enough to secure yet another 1. place for the mighty little argentine.

In 2nd spot the winds of change yet again sweep over the The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread, to reveal a new entry in the rankings in its wake. At long last Sergio Busquets is deemed worthy of a podium finish, as the lanky pivote gathers 1/4 of the points after a superb commanding performance in a midfield which was hustled and harried in the first half by the rivals who, like sharks on a murder binge, smelled the blood of our bloodied - but far from defeated - defense.
About damn time, Busi!

Behind the far taller aforementioned catalan midfielder, we find yet another catalan, albeit a somewhat smaller one, and a more left backy one too. Jordi Alba emerges as the dust of el clásico settles, and proudly steps to the podium where he settles at third spot with 12% of the points given. A great performance from what could soon be our new first choice left back - at least if this performance is anything to go by. Congratulations to Alba for making it to the top 3 for the first, but surely not last time.

Clásico-shoutouts goes to Iniesta who we finally saw in full swing after yet another injury, and Mascherano who did well in trying to hold together a somewhat odd back line, and doing so in style mainly. Both weren't really close to making it to the top 3, but they were the best of the rest nonetheless.
Slight worries can be seen on Xavis face as he slips further from Messi in overall appearances, as he for the second match in a row doesn't even come close to the top 3.

Random stat of the day: Of all the players who've featured regularly in the side so far this season, just 1 is yet to feature in the top 3. Can you guess who? If you're a bit daft or just lazy, you'll find the answer near the bottom of the page in a nigh unbreakable code that may or may not take a lifetime to crack.

With el clásico done and dusted, we can now look forward to 2 weeks of rather stressless Barcelona-less but internationals-filled action, after which we'll travel to Estadio Municipal de Riazor to face newly promoted Deportivo La Coruña.

I hope you enjoyed another rankings-recap, and if you did, please for the love of my sanity, do me a solid and help me make my job just a little bit less troublesome.

When you enter your top 3, please choose 3 players, and list them one over the other like this:

Bonano
Bogarde
Christanval

If you do not enter exactly 3 players, your post will be ignored for the rankings, and then I have to try to ignore it when I count the votes, which is getting more and more troublesome, as we've seen a quite steady increase in voters ever since this started, leading up to el clásico where we set a new record attendance.
Furthermore writing your entry like this: Bonano, Bogarde, Christanval in one line really hurts my counting abilities a lot too, so please; one on each line.
I think we had 3 or 4 entries tonight who listed 2 or 4 players, and aside from the fact that they won't count at all, which is a shame, it really is hard for me to do a resonably fast count when my silly brain refuses to do merry little skips past those faulty posts.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Great job! :beer2:

And, guys, listen to Trickykid and don't f- up with the MoM nominations or you'll face the wrath of :mascherano:

abual3bed1

Vs Depor

Leo: well, he saved the team once again.
Cesc: 3 assists, not much more to say.
Alba: although that own goal but still a wall in defense and a beast in attack, very very good display from him.

special mentions go to: Don Andres for excellent possession keeping, Xavi for bossing the minutes he was on.

J

jiopi

Deportivo

1. Messi 3+1+post from fk, it was practically Messi against Deportivo, referee and Barca's defense. And Messi won.
2. Fabregas 0+3

Gap size of grand canyon.

3. Montoya

BerkeleyBernie

Deportivo Oct 20th 2012

Pedro
Xavi
Adriano

The three subs weren't responsible for the mess the starters created, and maintained the 1 goal lead after they came on. I blame the offense for sleepwalking in the first half when they could have gone up 6-0 against the most porous defense they've seen all season. Instead, they played tiki-taka to no advantage, when they should have been attacking the acres of space. Messi couldn't be bothered to dribble as long as there was no threat of being triple-teamed and stripped of the ball. The offense should have had a shot on goal every possession, but they tiki-takaed until they lost the ball, putting the defenders under unnecessary threat.

Barça defense starts up front, and the starters failed miserably at taking advantage of their opportunity to make this a rout.

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
1. Cesc Fabregas; In the 60 minutes he played he displayed brilliance again. Creating 3 goals and staying up top form. Great performance by Cesc!
2. Lionel Messi; Very decisive once again, but did not get 1st place in my top3 because of too many errors and sometimes periods of staticness. Other than that, immense performance.
3. Pedro; Even with 10 men he applied pressure to the defense of Depor. Great to see him in good form, a true nightmare for any defender!

oggmar

Messi
Fabregas
Xavi

Even if Fabregas did really really awesome you just cant give him first place over Messi today, not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans