Manchester United

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think a midfield of Vidal and Herrera would be weak defensively. Far from it actually.

S7_MUFC

Don't think a midfield of Vidal and Herrera would be weak defensively. Far from it actually.
Herrara's defensive ability is based in closing down quickly and tackling so he's not adept at sitting deep and breaking down the opposition attacks and Vidal's is a box to box player.....Someone like Strootman would be more suited for that role....If we are to play one of Janujaz,kagawa and Mata on the wings we will need good defensive midfielders because our team will be too lightweight without that....

SwiftGuyver

We were discussing about his latter years.There is no dispute that we spent a lot before glazers although I can't think of many expensive average players....Fergie built team of top class players and used the players like OShea,Brown etc as backups..........Most expensive buys either worked out or didn't adjust despite being highly rated...

fair enough. i agree with what you're saying. i guess i was just making the point that IMO Fergie always worked with a squad of mainly pretty average players but managed to get them to perform at their maximum and got them all working as a team. obviously it's all a matter of opinion but i'd say Nani, Anderson, Young, Hargreaves, Berbatov & Verón were all expensive mistakes, although i agree that the last 2 were at least rated before they signed. then you have players who weren't individually as expensive but when you add all their fees up it gets pretty pricey such as Poborský, Kléberson, Bebé, Taibi, Manucho, Djemba-Djemba, Bellion, Obertan etc etc but of course every club has wasted money on flops!

BenRobbins

I am loving Van Gaal already he just gave £1.2 million to charity.He didn't have an agent so united saved £600,000 and he made them give it too charity and he matched it.

S7_MUFC

fair enough. i agree with what you're saying. i guess i was just making the point that IMO Fergie always worked with a squad of mainly pretty average players but managed to get them to perform at their maximum and got them all working as a team. obviously it's all a matter of opinion but i'd say Nani, Anderson, Young, Hargreaves, Berbatov & Verón were all expensive mistakes, although i agree that the last 2 were at least rated before they signed. then you have players who weren't individually as expensive but when you add all their fees up it gets pretty pricey such as Poborský, Kléberson, Bebé, Taibi, Manucho, Djemba-Djemba, Bellion, Obertan etc etc but of course every club has wasted money on flops!
I'd say Hargreaves was rated player as well and his performance obviously wasn't an issue considering that he played a key role in 2007/08 season and Anderson was rated as top youngster and the likes of Manucho were supposed to be gambles bought for small fees...You can't add squad players bought over 10-15 years and say we spent big on them.....

BenRobbins

Does anybody else kinda feel that Van Gaal has been told by woodward and other authorities he has to find a place for giggs, scholes, butt and neville and he doesn't particularly want too? Im under the impression he is being forced too which could have a really bad effect. He should have 100% control over which staff he has so he can get his philosophy and how he wants to play over and should bring all his trusted coaches etc with him instead of being forced to have coaches who have proved absolutely nothing and my not be good enough for the top level? I might be reading into it a bit much but i don't think he is completely satisfied with his backroom team.

Would be interesting to hear from some other teams fans.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Quick ranting question: My Tapatalk has suddenly started showing some sort of thread preview picture in the main menu, and this thread has some kind of obnoxious manga haired brat to accompany it. Who is he? I hate him with a burning passion.
You are not alone.
3y7yhyne.jpg

Home of Barca Fans