Manchester United

S7_MUFC

I wonder why Man Utd didn't spend much under Sir Alex...
He surely want to win one more CL before retire.
We used most of the money generated from selling Ronaldo to pay off the debt...We were in terrible financial situation just after selling Ronaldo although club didn't admit it...There were rumors about selling Old Trafford and carrington....The club managed to remain sustainable due to Fergie getting the best out of crap players........Glazers wasted a lot of money just refinancing the debt and when the situation got better club just focused on paying off the debt.....We were doing well domestically despite not spending and the owners didn't see the merit in spending just to improve our odds of winning in Europe......The increased competitiveness of Liverpool and Everton is blessing in disguise for us because it will force us to spend just to cement our place in top 4

SwiftGuyver

Fergie managed to get the most out of average/poor players like Smalling, Jones, Young, Cleverley etc and still maintain winning ways. Most other managers wouldn't be able to do that. So under Fergie they got by without signing star names (they still spent a lot of money on players though!)

S7_MUFC

Fergie managed to get the most out of average/poor players like Smalling, Jones, Young, Cleverley etc and still maintain winning ways. Most other managers wouldn't be able to do that. So under Fergie they got by without signing star names (they still spent a lot of money on players though!)

For 2 season after selling Ronaldo our major signings were Valencia,Obertan,Owen,Bebe,Smalling and Hernandez so I wouldn't call that spending a lot of money....after 2010/11 season we started spending moderate amount of money and our signings during this period were Jones,De Gea,Young,Kagawa,Van Persie etc.....So, I don't get how you can call that spending a lot of money....

SwiftGuyver

I was talking about Fergie's time in charge which was a period of 26 years. You spent loads of money during that time (like most other clubs) but bought mainly average players and Fergie got the most out of them...

S7_MUFC

I was talking about Fergie's time in charge which was a period of 26 years. You spent loads of money during that time (like most other clubs) but bought mainly average players and Fergie got the most out of them...
We were discussing about his latter years.There is no dispute that we spent a lot before glazers although I can't think of many expensive average players....Fergie built team of top class players and used the players like OShea,Brown etc as backups..........Most expensive buys either worked out or didn't adjust despite being highly rated...

Banana-Rama

Really? every football news place in the world has reported it and various places said it was agreed even Vidal himself mentioned it! it's funny because it's the same thing all the time with United the last time and only one I can remember they bought a top player that wasn't in strange circumstances like RVP and Mata was Kagawa but that was because they missed out on Hazzard :lol:

I just don't see United getting him if hes actually available with other teams just letting him go

united have told british media that we are not interested in him and not trying to sign him, this happened before conte left yesterday. it appears that it was entirely media driven, we have never been close to signing him. your the fool for believing those bogus reports, i saw through them very easily and never believed he was coming. if your going to laugh at anyone it should be at the media for all those bogus reports based on zero credible information, i said we had only been ''vaguely linked'' because the stories were based on no real information and were just speculation. manchester united cannot be held accountable for the media making up false stories, they have done exactly the same with other players such as thiago and sneijder...

shogunruax

united have told british media that we are not interested in him and not trying to sign him, this happened before conte left yesterday. it appears that it was entirely media driven, we have never been close to signing him. your the fool for believing those bogus reports, i saw through them very easily and never believed he was coming. if your going to laugh at anyone it should be at the media for all those bogus reports based on zero credible information, i said we had only been ''vaguely linked'' because the stories were based on no real information and were just speculation. manchester united cannot be held accountable for the media making up false stories, they have done exactly the same with other players such as thiago and sneijder...

you know vidal himself mentioned it on live tv right?

L

linetty

Bsq8FwSCEAAI_FR.jpg

S7_MUFC

Vidal would've been a Moyes like signing, He's world class and available so we should get him....when thinking rationally we already have Herrara so, Midfield 2 of Vidal and Herrara would be weak defensively considering our no 10 may be Mata who was sold by Mourhino because of lack of defensive effort..........I'd like to see who we sign eventually but there aren't many players available that would get me excited......

Home of Barca Fans