Manchester United

Ursegor

World Champion
I'm convinced United will get top 4 but the notion that United now have the "2nd best coach in the EPL" based on ... well ... 0 Premier League games is so typical of United fans when 6 months ago they wouldn't give a crap about LVG. Amid all the hype let's not forget that LVG got sacked from his last club job after almost missing out on the CL in a 1 horse league and playing AVB-esque high line football with no pressing, making the whole team a Robben 1 man show. For me van Gaal is like Bielsa, someone who lays fundamental concepts and bloods in youth but doesn't necessarily own the league table. Bayern have profited more from van Gaal's work after he left than when was coaching them.

SwiftGuyver

I couldn't give a fuck what Adidas think

it doesn't really matter what addidas think

i wouldn't expect a Man Utd fan to care what a sponsor thinks about their investment, i was merely making the point that if you fail to get CL football again this season it will be interesting/funny to know what adidas make of the situation after such a massive cash injection. obviously the fans won't care about adidas' thoughts!

if you sign Vermaelen & de Jong i think top 4 will be very tough to cement. Rafael-Evans-Vermaelen-Shaw is still a weak backline IMO. i only really rate Shaw and he's still only 19 years old.

noone seems to know how to fit RvP, Rooney & Mata in the same lineup. i wouldn't be surprised if Rooney & LvG fall out and Rooney sulks for most of next season.

BenRobbins

Never mind people always say they don't rate these players and that we will fall off every year for the past ten years but bar last season we are there or thereabouts. They are proven winners and have proven thier worth against the best in the world season after season but still aren't rated because they are flash names and people don't tend to like them.

Rafa is one of the best full backs in the league and i could not find one Manchester united fan that wants him replaced but people think he is rubbish for some strange reason. Evans is our first choice centre half (with rio who now needs replacing) who kept vidic out the team who was our captain (and many other fans rate as our best cb) in several massive matches such as real away in the CL and all the other big games in the premier league.

We have been begging fergie and moyes to replace evra for years due to the defensive side of his game basically being non-existent so we have improved there. What we do need is a really good pacey, physcial centre half to partner evans in my opinion and let them play week in week out to form a settled back four. It remains to be seen if Smalling and Jones can step up which i am unsure of right now.

So yes we do need to add one or two players to our defense but is is ALOT better than liverpools yet they manager to finish second and people are questioning proven winners who are very experienced if they can even finish top 4? Really pisses me off.

SwiftGuyver

Never mind people always say they don't rate these players and that we will fall off every year for the past ten years but bar last season we are there or thereabouts. They are proven winners and have proven thier worth against the best in the world season after season but still aren't rated because they are flash names and people don't tend to like them.

Rafa is one of the best full backs in the league and i could not find one Manchester united fan that wants him replaced but people think he is rubbish for some strange reason. Evans is our first choice centre half (with rio who now needs replacing) who kept vidic out the team who was our captain (and many other fans rate as our best cb) in several massive matches such as real away in the CL and all the other big games in the premier league.

We have been begging fergie and moyes to replace evra for years due to the defensive side of his game basically being non-existent so we have improved there. What we do need is a really good pacey, physcial centre half to partner evans in my opinion and let them play week in week out to form a settled back four. It remains to be seen if Smalling and Jones can step up which i am unsure of right now.

So yes we do need to add one or two players to our defense but is is ALOT better than liverpools yet they manager to finish second and people are questioning proven winners who are very experienced if they can even finish top 4? Really pisses me off.

Rafael one of the best full backs in the EPL?! all opinions i guess...

i've met plenty of Man Utd fans who don't rate Evans as well.

the Fergie factor played a MASSIVE part in your success over the years. you can't underestimate that. LvG is a massive step up from Moyes, goes without saying really but he's still no Fergie IMO. Fergie managed to get a group of mainly average players working together, operating as a team and playing to their maximum and really overachieving. similar to what Rodgers did with Liverpool last season but Fergie did it year in year out for 20 odd years and actually got over the finish line and won trophies as well. his genius masked a lot of flaws/issues.

your squad as it stands right now is unbalanced and lacks real quality/depth throughout but don't get me wrong, i can still see you finishing top 4 this season, it's clearly a battle between you, Liverpool & Arsenal as Chelsea & Man City are 100% guaranteed top 4.

Martindn

Why even bother speculating about where we will finish its too difficult to tell, was last season a one off due to the manager or the players? Will we fit Van Gaal's philosophy? What, if any players will we still buy? We went from one of the best managers ever to grace the game to David Moyes who the players plainly did not want to play for. I think its fair to say its not a reliable benchmark on this season. Im just happy we have a competent manager what will be will be, at the very least i will enjoy watching united again.

BenRobbins

Rafael one of the best full backs in the EPL?! all opinions i guess...

This right here sums up oppositions fans to United players even when we would win the league back to back and reach the deep knockout stages of the Champions League. You don't become the undisputed first choice in your position for Manchester united and winning tittles if your not very good and not one of the best in your position in the league, might sound big headed and arrogant but its true and im pissed off

:lol::lol::lol:

Dave Saves

Truth be told, no one has an idea where we will finish next season. Too many unknowns at the moment. Will probably have a better idea a month or two after the season starts and the new signings at various clubs settle.

SwiftGuyver

This right here sums up oppositions fans to United players even when we would win the league back to back and reach the deep knockout stages of the Champions League. You don't become the undisputed first choice in your position for Manchester united and winning tittles if your not very good and not one of the best in your position in the league, might sound big headed and arrogant but its true and im pissed off

:lol::lol::lol:

Fergie played plenty of average players as his first choice starters because he either wasn't allowed to sign better/spend much money under the Glazers or he didn't want to because it was about the right type of personalities and having players he could manage and control as much as their ability. he would prefer a player with less ability but who would work better under him and fit into the team/system. Rafael is one such case. he wouldn't get into many if any other top team's first 11 IMO. i'd also take Zabaleta, Ivanović, Azpilicueta, Coleman etc ahead of him.

Martindn

Fergie played plenty of average players as his first choice starters because he either wasn't allowed to sign better/spend much money under the Glazers or he didn't want to because it was about the right type of personalities and having players he could manage and control as much as their ability. he would prefer a player with less ability but who would work better under him and fit into the team/system. Rafael is one such case. he wouldn't get into many if any other top team's first 11 IMO. i'd also take Zabaleta, Ivanović, Azpilicueta, Coleman etc ahead of him.

I would have an injury free Rafael than any of those bar Zabaleta. Unfortunately his legs are made of lead, 98 appearences in 7 years says it all especially at a time we are extremely weak at right back.

BenRobbins

He should keep it quite, can't go saying we don't have a budget and are more than prepared to break the record, clubs will just add another 15-20 million and demand insane prices for players. What if we don't end up with somebody of the vidal/di maria/cavani ilk come september? He will look like an idiot like he did last summer. I thought the interview he gave on MUTV was great and he said all the right things, now he has just come out with all this rubbish and it sounds an awful lot like last year and we all know how that went. Please keep a lid on it Woody.

Home of Barca Fans