Manchester United

Banana-Rama

I really doubt RVP is 'comfortably' better than Benzema and if I had to choose I'd go for the latter.

You would choose Benzema ahead of Van Persie on this season's form, 4 league goals in 14 games in comparison to Van Persie's 16 in 21 games, well your entitled to your opinion I suppose............

GiantKiller

Arguable. Benzema hasn't been too consistent this season, and Ronaldo quickly gets frustrated if he's shut out. If Northern Ireland can keep him quiet, United can double team him quite easily. Their midfield is not too bad; Carrick and Cleverly have both been quite good, Anderson shines when he's not injured, their wingers, while poor, are still better then Di Maria. Kagawa is quite good as well. Also, if they bought Wanyama, could they play him against Madrid?

I was referring to the capabilities of both players, not how consistent they have been this season. Also, Madrids' front four is easily greater than Portugals', so not sure how that comparison is valid. Modric, in my opinion, makes Madrids' midfield stronger and I doubt that Ozil would be preferred instead of him. At least not when Madrid go to OT. Plus, Di Maria is clearly more dangerous than any of Uniteds' wide players while it remains to be seen how well Kagawa would settle come February.

And no, I don't think Wanyama will play if he becomes a United player. He'd be cup-tied, wouldn't he?

Meitux

I really doubt RVP is 'comfortably' better than Benzema and if I had to choose I'd go for the latter.
i bet even yourself cant believe that .....RVP last season was a tottaly beast.and he has cept that also in MU now.Where is Benzema? how many goals has he scored yet? He cant be close to Van persie,even thought i dont doubt that he is a pretty good player

Banana-Rama

I was referring to the capabilities of both players, not how consistent they have been this season. Also, Madrids' front four is easily greater than Portugals', so not sure how that comparison is valid. Modric, in my opinion, makes Madrids' midfield stronger and I doubt that Ozil would be preferred instead of him. At least not when Madrid go to OT. Plus, Di Maria is clearly more dangerous than any of Uniteds' wide players while it remains to be seen how well Kagawa would settle come February.

And no, I don't think Wanyama will play if he becomes a United player. He'd be cup-tied, wouldn't he?

Benzema last season scored 21 league goals to Van Persie's 30, this season he has 4 league goals to Van Persie's 16, I think it is obvious to anyone who the current better striker is between the two, it is simply your attitude that because he plays for Madrid he must be better, Van Persie has been far better then Benzema over the last 2 season's, and that while playing in lesser teams according to your own words...........

GiantKiller

i bet even yourself cant believe that .....RVP last season was a tottaly beast.and he has cept that also in MU now.Where is Benzema? how many goals has he scored yet? He cant be close to Van persie,even thought i dont doubt that he is a pretty good player

RVP's a beast because he's now the focal point of his team (Arsenal last season and United now) and what he mostly does is finish all the attacking plays. He's a great goal scorer with deadly predatory instincts but he isn't as capable of using the ball in a variety of situations as Benzema is. You really can't judge Benzema on the basis of this season. At his best he'll comfortably get you more than twenty goals a season and we've already seen that. Add to that his other aforementioned qualities and it makes the comparison between these players more difficult.

Banana-Rama

Kagawa is good... but even the thought of comparing Rooney, at #10, with Ozil makes me go :lol:

i do think ozil is just a bit over-rated, excellent player don't get me wrong, but when watching him at madrid he hasn't really made me go wow what a player, kagawa at dortmund impressed me alot more then ozil at madrid.........

Banana-Rama

RVP's a beast because he's now the focal point of his team (Arsenal last season and United now) and what he mostly does is finish all the attacking plays. He's a great goal scorer with deadly predatory instincts but he isn't as capable of using the ball in a variety of situations as Benzema is. You really can't judge Benzema on the basis of this season. At his best he'll comfortably get you more than twenty goals a season and we've already seen that. Add to that his other aforementioned qualities and it makes the comparison between these players more difficult.

that is the biggest bullshit ever, van persie is a world class player either as a number 10 or main striker, he has wonderful technique and sets up goals for other players all the time, he is more creative then benzema when it comes to setting up other players.........

GiantKiller

Benzema last season scored 21 league goals to Van Persie's 30, this season he has 4 league goals to Van Persie's 16, I think it is obvious to anyone who the current better striker is between the two, it is simply your attitude that because he plays for Madrid he must be better, Van Persie has been far better then Benzema over the last 2 season's, and that while playing in lesser teams according to your own words...........

RVP is a better striker. I didn't deny that and I wouldn't even think of it. I'm not crazy :lol: . Benzema, however, is a much more versatile forward which I mentioned in my previous post.

Also, saying that Madrid is better doesn't mean that I'm saying United are a poor team. :)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
i do think ozil is just a bit over-rated, excellent player don't get me wrong, but when watching him at madrid he hasn't really made me go wow what a player, kagawa at dortmund impressed me alot more then ozil at madrid.........
Ozil has to deal with the situation where in he has to make the striker in Cristiano Ronaldo look better than he is...

But I never ridiculed Kagawa... As I said, he's a very good player. But Rooney isn't even comparable with Ozil. At least not in the trequartista position!!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
RvP isn't just a better striker than Benzema is... He is better at every thing else too. He's got as many tricks up his sleeve as does Benzema, along with the passing ability and the off-the-ball movement. The one thing Benzema is probably better than RvP is the physical presence. Benz there has a great deal of potential

Ketoth

I think Utd will prevail comfortably over Madrid. I'm not sure why it's seen as such a super tie. Madrid are terrible, a shambles this season. Bayern on the other hand....

M

mitkoa7x

I think Utd will prevail comfortably over Madrid. I'm not sure why it's seen as such a super tie. Madrid are terrible, a shambles this season. Bayern on the other hand....

If only Arsenal had gotten RM instead... you'd be sure quarter finalists.

Home of Barca Fans