Marc Bartra

Trickykid

25 millions b-o os very good.. If he makes it at barca and gets into starting-11 then we can renew with him, because when he plays he stays.. he loves the club.

and if he doesnt make it 25 millions are extrem much money for a player without the quality for barca..

I dont see a problem.. but I think you always see one

Yep, I agree.
If he comes good, he'll be a starter, and will have no problems renewing, and if not, well then we'll never get anywhere close to 25 mio for him anyhow.

Stric

Need I remind you that a 19-year-old CB from a club much less prestigious than Barca was sold to PSG for 32M last year, after playing only 26 games in Europe? The numbers have changed over the years... 25M is not that much anymore.

Cule4life

The Culest
It happened. Bye.

He means if somebody pays that much for him

People low buyout= low wages. Plus with tax it will reach 35m. Nobody will pay that much for him unless he becomes a Varane. We can always renew with him in that case. Plus he likes barca and won't leave if he gets playing time. And the most important thing to remember-- Tito is not the manager anymore. Any sensible coach will not let the situation deteriorate to that extent.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Need I remind you that a 19-year-old CB from a club much less prestigious than Barca was sold to PSG for 32M last year, after playing only 26 games in Europe? The numbers have changed over the years... 25M is not that much anymore.

You are saying Marquinhos is of the same quality as Bartra? I beg to differ, or at least: he showed way more potential than Bartra.

Howes

25mil is good money and if he ever gets to the level where clubs are willing to meet it I'm sure he'll get a new deal.

Lower release clause means lowers wages as well

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys are missing the point.
Since when did Barca give in to such demands from players. We're suddenly extending for only few years and allowing lower release clauses.
Take a look at Real or Atletico's contracts. We've become too soft even in the board room.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You guys are missing the point.
Since when did Barca give in to such demands from players. We're suddenly extending for only few years and allowing lower release clauses.
Take a look at Real or Atletico's contracts. We've become too soft even in the board room.

Well, Bartra has not really been trusted and hasn't been given many minutes - why should he sign with a bigger release clause? If he'll step up we ask him to sign a new contract - which won't be a problem because he can only step up of he plays a lot and that would mean he will most probably extend. No hard feelings really the way things has worked out with him so far.

H

Haruko The Goon

Will this guy be 3rd choice CB from next year onwards?

How good is he currently, what are his three main qualities? What are his three qualities he needs to improve drastically?

Egert

Estonian Culé
Will this guy be 3rd choice CB from next year onwards?

How good is he currently, what are his three main qualities? What are his three qualities he needs to improve drastically?

He is our 3rd choice right now.
He has been quite good against small teams but against bigger teams he hasn´t been the best but still good.
I think he will need to improve alot of things next year because we will have Luiz/Hummels next year. If Masche stays CB next year then he might fall to 4th choice.

Home of Barca Fans