Marc Bartra

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
WTF are you going on about he is 23 not effin 33 he has 3-4 years to develop at least thats like 6-8 seasons decades in footballing terms

Exactly, people are thinking about Varane and Marquinhos, it's like every defender should be superb when he is 19 yrs and even Varane and Marquinhos are now spending a lot of time on the bench.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
The thing is that even Varane has been poor this season (a lot worse than Bartra). It all depends on context.

Blasmephy Varane is what Bartra looks up to be he can't be worse Bartra is the second coming of David Luiz while Varane that of Maldini

Cule4life

The Culest
The thing is that even Varane has been poor this season (a lot worse than Bartra). It all depends on context.

True but tbf he has hardly got playing time with his long term injury and ancelotti preferring pepe. But yeah blaming the defeat on Bartra is beyond ridiculous

DinhoR10

Varane was hype, theres a reason he's on the bench this season and its not injury problems, the guy was horrible whenever I saw him play this season. Varane will probably become a great defender but he's not there yet. Say what you will about Bartra but after PULLING UP he was able to stay close to GARETH FREAKING BALE. He has heart and talent if he didnt he would be just like muniesa.

Behrox

Varane was hype, theres a reason he's on the bench this season and its not injury problems, the guy was horrible whenever I saw him play this season. Varane will probably become a great defender but he's not there yet. Say what you will about Bartra but after PULLING UP he was able to stay close to GARETH FREAKING BALE. He has heart and talent if he didnt he would be just like muniesa.

Not to mention he was carrying an injury and barely declared fit to play

DinhoR10

Not to mention he was carrying an injury and barely declared fit to play

+1 Exactly. We have a kid who loves this club and is actually talented, wasn't getting a lick of time and still stayed even though just like thiago nobody would blame him for leaving. Be grateful for once.

Behrox

+1 Exactly. We have a kid who loves this club and is actually talented, wasn't getting a lick of time and still stayed even though just like thiago nobody would blame him for leaving. Be grateful for once.

Why its more fun to blame and bash him instead of swallowing your pride and saying he did good

karthik

I was happy to see him score. I for one felt he was one to fail here. Take it forward Marc. Please, we need canterano blood in the heart of the defence

Zangash

Banned
THE TRUTH ABOUT MARC BARTRA

Tributes on Bartra shows how badly it's in Barcelona at present. Among all the fallen heroes and transfer ban would be so badly to find something positive, and so grasps man straw (Bartra).

There is absolutely NOTHING in his accomplishments speak for him to be someone coming superstar as a centreback and team captain for Barcelona.

We must accept that he's 23 years old and mediocre, although he possibly appear to be more than mediocre with the current environment.

A squad player? Absolutely.
Something to build on? Absolutely not.

I suppose you'd rather we had played Mascherano and Busquets as CB and used Song as CDM instead, then?

Lomar1o

i dunno man, i might be wrong, but bartra has a heart of a warrior from what i've seen, it's while his heart is not as big as puyol's it's the closest thing that is resembling our captain's spirit. in fact bartra has the biggest particle of puyol's red and blue soul. not even xavi is that much dedicated. i might even go as far as saying that bartra is way better than pique in terms of heading the ball from corners. pique does better clearances tho'. also bartra is faster and isn't weak at all. bartra is a good boy.

zanela

A good performance, even better header.

Future Capità :worthy:

A player who needs consoling after a tough defeat is not captain profile. He did the same few years ago when his team went out of FIFA U20. A captain having an emotional break down is the last thing a team needs to see in moments of defeat. I like Marc, an absolute blaugrana at heart, who with perseverance, and application will yet become a fine player. But don't think he's ideal for the leader's role. Of the 90+ gen, Thiago and MAtS were possible candidates, but the Board mess'd up in both cases.

barcanuck

i dunno man, i might be wrong, but bartra has a heart of a warrior from what i've seen, it's while his heart is not as big as puyol's it's the closest thing that is resembling our captain's spirit. in fact bartra has the biggest particle of puyol's red and blue soul. not even xavi is that much dedicated. i might even go as far as saying that bartra is way better than pique in terms of heading the ball from corners. pique does better clearances tho'. also bartra is faster and isn't weak at all. bartra is a good boy.

100% agree. He has the spirit and the Catalan heart. He just doesn't have the pshysical nature yet or may never will if he's the type of skinny tall dude who can't put on muscle.

DinhoR10

A good performance, even better header.

A player who needs consoling after a tough defeat is not captain profile. He did the same few years ago when his team went out of FIFA U20. A captain having an emotional break down is the last thing a team needs to see in moments of defeat. I like Marc, an absolute blaugrana at heart, who with perseverance, and application will yet become a fine player. But don't think he's ideal for the leader's role. Of the 90+ gen, Thiago and MAtS were possible candidates, but the Board mess'd up in both cases.

Theres a difference between breaking down in the middle of a game and crying at after you lose an important match, messi cried after argentina were knocked out. Casillas cried after iniesta scored in the world cup final. Marc has never broken down in the middle of a game and has always showed heart and determination, showed more leadership than anyone on the field yesterday.

Home of Barca Fans