Marc Bartra

zanela

Theres a difference between breaking down in the middle of a game and crying at after you lose an important match, messi cried after argentina were knocked out. Casillas cried after iniesta scored in the world cup final. Marc has never broken down in the middle of a game and has always showed heart and determination, showed more leadership than anyone on the field yesterday.

Leadership isn't just about conduct in-game. When a team tastes defeat, it looks to the leader to derive strength, and restore the morale for the road ahead. Marc is a softie. And I've never considered messi as captain material, and the casillas example is not the same.

Agri

Marc+Bartra+Real+Madrid+v+Barcelona+QFErETCyvqSl.jpg

Rise, Champ :wub:

Next name on my kit.

DinhoR10

Leadership isn't just about conduct in-game. When a team tastes defeat, it looks to the leader to derive strength, and restore the morale for the road ahead. Marc is a softie. And I've never considered messi as captain material, and the casillas example is not the same.

Did he cry when they got knocked out of the champions league? No. He cried after they lost the final of the copa del rey, end of the season no trophy hope after you fought your team back into the game. Theres no harm in crying then especially since the next time the team will have to play is 4 months from now and nobody on the squad will remember a few tears. And him now is different from how he will be in 3-5 years when he will be up for captain contention (Iniesta,Messi,Pique all have to retire/get reduced time first) This was his first final ever and he had a chance to be the hero but his injury came up as he was chasing down the fastest footballer in the league (probably).

I

instinct

pyol-buon.gif

Is he a softie for you? Crying in sad moments shows love to the club, love to the sport and to the team.

Alarcón

Exactly, crying in some way shows passion. I would consider Piqué much more as a softie than Bartra and I've never seen him cry.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Bartra was the player who recovered most balls (12) in the Spanish Cup final yesterday. Real Madrid's Pepe recovered 11. [via elpais]

Not to mention his insane header.

zanela

Did he cry when they got knocked out of the champions league? No. He cried after they lost the final of the copa del rey, end of the season no trophy hope after you fought your team back into the game. Theres no harm in crying then especially since the next time the team will have to play is 4 months from now and nobody on the squad will remember a few tears. And him now is different from how he will be in 3-5 years when he will be up for captain contention (Iniesta,Messi,Pique all have to retire/get reduced time first) This was his first final ever and he had a chance to be the hero but his injury came up as he was chasing down the fastest footballer in the league (probably).

Its been 3 years he first did it. And he's 23 now. On the evidence so far, I doubt he's gonna change much.

I don't know what that gif is meant to demonstrate. Because whatever it is, it isn't apparent.

May be my definition of leadership isn't in tune with the more mature and intelligent posters around here. And ofc, how can I forget, a canterano can never be anything less than impeccable.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bartra has the heart of a potential captain, but the mental fortitude? Not really (yet?).

Despite his good run of form recently, he still has the tendency to go shaky in games under pressure. He can and will mature, but it's a sentimental overreach to say that he has shown enough to be the heir to the armband.

IF the ban fizzles out for this summer at least, MATS has the profile of a future captain (minus the acclimatization). Powerful presence, barks orders, and has nerves of steel. That's passion in the form of drive, whereas Bartra's passion is in the form of love.

zanela

Bartra has the heart of a potential captain, but the mental fortitude? Not really (yet?).

Despite his good run of form recently, he still has the tendency to go shaky in games under pressure. He can and will mature, but it's a sentimental overreach to say that he has shown enough to be the heir to the armband.

IF the ban fizzles out for this summer at least, MATS has the profile of a future captain (minus the acclimatization). Powerful presence, barks orders, and has nerves of steel. That's passion in the form of drive, whereas Bartra's passion is in the form of love.

Very eloquently said.

Home of Barca Fans