Marc Bartra

Lomar1o

one thing that bothers me is that if we buy a CB no one's gonna bench pique, it will be bartra who's going to get benched, and i want him to be the first team material

Jadentheman

one thing that bothers me is that if we buy a CB no one's gonna bench pique, it will be bartra who's going to get benched, and i want him to be the first team material

Lucho is based on performance, not name. So if Bartra outperforms Pique then I think we will see him play more.

Zangash

Banned
Lucho is based on performance, not name. So if Bartra outperforms Pique then I think we will see him play more.

I remember I used to rage about that stopping during Tito's tenure but over time I've become numb to the concept and now it seems completely foreign to me.

If Lucho truly is performance based Bartra and Pique would probably end up being our primary CB pairing anyways. Pique is one of the best in the world when motivated, but when he knows he's a 100% starter no matter how shit he plays he's, well, going to play like shit.

Stric

Just how do we know for sure that Lucho is so strongly performance based? I mean, of course, it would be the most logical thing, but we haven't seen that at our club for the past few seasons. Sounds like wishful thinking to me, just like most of what's being written about Lucho.

Cule4life

The Culest
Just how do we know for sure that Lucho is so strongly performance based? I mean, of course, it would be the most logical thing, but we haven't seen that at our club for the past few seasons. Sounds like wishful thinking to me, just like most of what's being written about Lucho.

Yeah im not holding my breath. Tata too was too supposed to be performance based on the basis of him being an outsider and being immune to club influence. Look how that turned out.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Even more worrisome is xavi might have big influence in team sheet. That is the only drawback of xavi staying and his silly excuses after some defeat. I hope xavi accepts secondary role and help the coach rather than showing authority.

Coming back to bartra he looks more confident this year maybe he knows barca can't sign a better CB than him :pep:

Last edited:

Stric

Bartra still with the #15... Maybe there's really another CB incoming.

10561802_10152738625314305_479312721179337277_n.jpg

Agri

Bartra still with the #15... Maybe there's really another CB incoming.

10561802_10152738625314305_479312721179337277_n.jpg

Even Sergio Roberto, Rafinha and Deulofeu don't have any numbers, so you should not make anything out of this. It's obvious that they just haven't given the distribution of numbers any thought yet. Still very possible for Bartra to get #5

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Even Sergio Roberto, Rafinha and Deulofeu don't have any numbers, so you should not make anything out of this. It's obvious that they just haven't given the distribution of numbers any thought yet. Still very possible for Bartra to get #5

Correct, until Mathieu's signing, Roberto still had the #24 on the website.

Home of Barca Fans