Marc Bartra

Bran the Greenseer

Show me world class cb skinny as Bartra.

I do love his heart and loyalty though. Admirable traits in today's world.

If physicality is the only thing he's missing (Which I'd say is basically correct) then we should be rejoicing since building some muscles is something everyone can do with enough dedication and he has buckets of it. Someone just needs to point it out to him and im sure he'll work tirelessly on it.

Heavy

Muscle isn't equal to strength. But yes he can build both with dedication and the correct training (to a limit), wouldn't want much muscle for any barca player as they need mobility.

anguy

Muscle isn't equal to strength. But yes he can build both with dedication and the correct training (to a limit), wouldn't want much muscle for any barca player as they need mobility.

Yes, gaining strength is not just about dedication. You need to keep your mobility while becoming stronger (and likely heavier) - that's much more difficult.

BBZ8800

He is a good squad player, but imo, people are still overestimating him and expecting (too) huge things out of him in the future.

If Vermaelen, a proven and experienced NT player, will be fit in the next Season, Bartra will probably be our 5th CB choice.
With or without muscles...

Zangash

Banned
He is a good squad player, but imo, people are still overestimating him and expecting (too) huge things out of him in the future.

If Vermaelen, a proven and experienced NT player, will be fit in the next Season, Bartra will probably be our 5th CB choice.
With or without muscles...

How proven is Vermaelen though? Multiple lengthy spells of injury can drastically lower your quality.

By the time the transfer ban is over Mascherano, Vermaelen, and Mathieu will all be so old we'll start needing to look for options to replace them. Giving Bartra a decent run of games and seeing how he fares with a little consistent playing time would do us a world of good.

Bran the Greenseer

How proven is Vermaelen though? Multiple lengthy spells of injury can drastically lower your quality.

By the time the transfer ban is over Mascherano, Vermaelen, and Mathieu will all be so old we'll start needing to look for options to replace them. Giving Bartra a decent run of games and seeing how he fares with a little consistent playing time would do us a world of good.

Sad thing is we don't even need to let him "prove" himself anymore. You can probably count his mistakes on your hand. Idk if Lucho has been telling him all along that he has a place here or whatever but Idk how he has the determination to stay here with the garbage mins he gets even though he has been amazing consistently bar this last game.

Zangash

Banned
Problem with Bartra is he didn't cost any money for us. If he played for Sevilla and put in the kind of shifts he puts in for us he'd have been snapped up a long time ago. This is part of the reason why I never have feelings of hostility towards any young La Masia graduate that jumps ship. Their careers are more important than our hopes of what they can become if they stay here.

ATLBarcaFan

I'm a big fan of Bartra's, having said that I thought he was very poor on Saturday. Some very uncharacteristic poor decisions and passes, almost gifted a couple of goals to the opposition

Kohe321

[tw]600800965147684864[/tw]

Luckily, Bartra is such a through and through culé that I don't see him leaving no matter what.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
[tw]600800965147684864[/tw]

Luckily, Bartra is such a through and through culé that I don't see him leaving no matter what.

OMG :facepalm:

Loan him may be, but please please barça never let him go!

You bet several clubs are interested, it's a gift at that price..

Home of Barca Fans