Marc Bartra

God Serena

No, he wasn't.

Pique has been top class since the 2013/14 season apart from the WC(just came back from an injury and was rusty) and a couple of weeks or so last season.

Pique was dropped. DROPPED by Lucho in late October/early November. He was playing awful football. Ball watching, poor tackles, trying to get bailed out by the linesman more often than trying to run, penalties, the guy was a total mess. When he came back from being on the bench and watching from the stands for a few weeks he took a massive turn to be the rock solid defender we now get to see.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique was dropped. DROPPED by Lucho in late October/early November. He was playing awful football. Ball watching, poor tackles, trying to get bailed out by the linesman more often than trying to run, penalties, the guy was a total mess. When he came back from being on the bench and watching from the stands for a few weeks he took a massive turn to be the rock solid defender we now get to see.

That's why I said he's been top class apart from the WC and a couple of weeks or so last season. He was already a rock solid defender, he reinvented himself in Tata's season which became so evident when he and Valdes missed the last part of the season with injuries.

He had a bad WC, but just came back from a hip injury and he started the season well, but had a couple of weeks where he was dropped, partially because of a few average games and partially because of his attitude and that incident with the traffic police officer or whatever that was.

A bad WC and everyone forgot how good he was in the 2013/14 season and then people wonder why some of our players are underrated...when even the fans got gold-fish memories..

God Serena

That's why I said he's been top class apart from the WC and a couple of weeks or so last season. He was already a rock solid defender, he reinvented himself in Tata's season which became so evident when he and Valdes missed the last part of the season with injuries.

He had a bad WC, but just came back from a hip injury and he started the season well, but had a couple of weeks where he was dropped, partially because of a few average games and partially because of his attitude and that incident with the traffic police officer or whatever that was.

A bad WC and everyone forgot how good he was in the 2013/14 season and then people wonder why some of our players are underrated...when even the fans got gold-fish memories..

There wasn't a single player who had a good season during 13/14. I'm really not sure what you're even talking about when you say he was good then. Our defense couldn't stop an aerial ball from finding net if our lives depended on it and both Pique and Mascherano were taken for an absolute ride by any forward that knew how to dribble.

anguy

There wasn't a single player who had a good season during 13/14. I'm really not sure what you're even talking about when you say he was good then. Our defense couldn't stop an aerial ball from finding net if our lives depended on it and both Pique and Mascherano were taken for an absolute ride by any forward that knew how to dribble.

Yeah, Pique was below average for the 2 seasons before last one, at least. That's why many people thought it was amusing when he referred to himself as being "one of the top 3 CB". I'm not sure WHEN EXACTLY he improved, but I believe it was during winter hence 8 months comment. He was certainly poor for longer than "few weeks". I never expected him to make such complete turnaround in the second half of season, Alves the same. That's why I think we should bury Bartra, because of few poor games. He might turn it around too. Let's give him at least few months, OK? We gave Pique YEARS.

F

Flavia

Our season went to hell in 13/14 after pique and Vv got injured. He wasn't as good as he was this season, but far from the poor form many claim he had. Our biggest problem was Tata.

Bartra never was as good as Pique can be, to suggest he can do the same.

xXKonan

I just don't know about him anymore When he came our defense got shaky and he made some errors.

Could be a Confidence issue, I mean sure he's no Pique or Masche but I feel like he should be better than what he has shown so far. one thing for sure is he really needs to Bulk up he just has trouble trying to fight People off the ball.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Only thing I remember of his game was that incident before the Verminator went into full apocalypse mode.
That was like the mother of all rookie mistakes.

Co0ter

He is very shaky, seems to be really unsure of himself, especially his positioning. I've been supporting him for years but I just don't think he's good enough. 5th in rotation is his level in our team unfortunately, he's not a kid anymore, he's 24. Compare him to Varane, Marquinhos and even Laporte who I don't rate as highly and he is a huge downgrade.

Qqqq

Not so long ago I was fully convinced that Bartra was a future starter, but as of late; not so much. As a centerback you make it by either having the mentality of Puyol or the talent like Piqué. Bartra has neither. He's your run of the mill-defender, which is a damn shame 'cause I do like the kid.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Not so long ago I was fully convinced that Bartra was a future starter, but as of late; not so much. As a centerback you make it by either having the mentality of Puyol or the talent like Piqué. Bartra has neither. He's your run of the mill-defender, which is a damn shame 'cause I do like the kid.
Pre season stuff was a Horror show from our Back line. Bartra and Mathieu were the worst out of all of them. Verm looked Rusty and still was trying to settle in the system and Pique was off a bit as well.

Mathieu's issues were he was being played as a LB and we all know it's Risky to play him there since he seems to have this weird Mental issue of trying to play both LB/CB at once and made a load of Mistakes which cost us 2 goals in the Super cup.

Bartra's issues are that he's too lightweight and he was making some Positional Mistakes which left him getting skinned alive by Sevilla,United etc when he came on and left our Back line with a giant hole. Honestly I think he will eventually leave in the Summer as he hasn't shown us or Lucho that he deserves to be ahead of Masche,Mathieu and even Verm who's turning up as of late.

God Serena

He is very shaky, seems to be really unsure of himself, especially his positioning. I've been supporting him for years but I just don't think he's good enough. 5th in rotation is his level in our team unfortunately, he's not a kid anymore, he's 24. Compare him to Varane, Marquinhos and even Laporte who I don't rate as highly and he is a huge downgrade.

Varane is overrated because of a few good games several seasons ago in a season where Madrid didn't even win any major trophies. Don't get why everyone thinks he's so great. He's costed Madrid far more than Bartra has costed us.

Home of Barca Fans